Thursday, June 29, 2023

Two Beers Hit Different

So because of a lightning delay at Halftime of the Minnesota United Friendly against FC Kaiserslautern, we had a delay of about 53 Minutes before they finally started the Second Half.  So we all had a whale of a time getting to the concourse, walk through without getting trampled, seeing drunk FCK (and yeah, whenever I look at it I want to mentally insert a "U") fans who traveled all the way from southeast Germany chant and wave their shirts over their heads (one guy had FCK tattoos all over his torso, like a German white supremac ... oh, wait [j/k!]), and try (and fail) to get into a merchandise shop.

But then I remembered that I want to try a long-time local beer that, unbeknownst to me until recently (via this article from City Pages progeny Racket), has a huge following.  It's called Castle Cream Ale, and it's by Castle Danger Brewery in Two Harbors, Minn.  Once I saw a couple Matches ago that at least one kiosk at Allianz Field served Castle Cream Ale, I vowed to finally try it.  Well, waiting out a rain delay was the perfect time.

Not bad.  It's supposed to be creamy and malty, and it was, and while it wasn't as inoffensive as a mass-market beer, it went down easy.  Unfortunately, I also had a Loon Juice at the start of the Match (I usually get a Loon Juice there because I love my ciders), and even though I drank the cream ale no problem, I'm feeling it now with a headache and a general disorientation.  I'm still glad I tried it, but two beers has me going a certain way, and I don't necessarily like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment