Wednesday, June 28, 2023

I Don't Rip Off Stickers

Oh yeah ... I ripped off the EnergyGuide label off my TV on, I believe, Memorial Night.

I've had the TV for, oh, a decade now.  At least?  Maybe?

The sticker was, uh, stuck on the right side of the TV screen, the upper side.  And it took me a while (I don't remember how long, and I guess I don't want to remember) to see that some if not most of the sticker was covering up a portion of the screen.  Most of the time it didn't bother me, but sometimes there would be a graphic that shows up on that corner of the screen that I can tell is covered up by that label.  Finally, I decided that if I am going to have this TV, and I don't know for how long I am going to have it, I should see, you know, all of the TV.  I wanted to do it around Memorial Weekend.  And, I think during the broadcast of NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 (pushed back from its traditional Sunday night time slot because of the weather), the holiday marked a good time to finally get up, go over to the television set, and rip off the EnergyGuide.  The set, by the way, uses only four bucks in electricity all year.

I don't rip off stickers, not usually.  What's the harm with keeping them on?  You know those stickers on credit cards, the ones they tell you to remove after you activate them?  I keep them on.  What's the harm?

No comments:

Post a Comment