Friday, June 16, 2023

Addendum To: Bad Air: Our New Normal

Air was better yesterday/Thursday.  A lot better, in fact.  If you're a part of sensitive group, such as the elderly or children or those with respiratory issues, the air wasn't good enough where you could just roam and run wild and free outside, but if you are healthy, it was fine.

Anyway, two things I want to button up from my previous blog post.  Firstly, we still have an Air Quality Warning, but it's supposed to expire at 6 this morning, so even though I tossed off my thought that what began as an eight-hour Warning became a 48-hour one, it technically is a 42-hour one.  Secondly, I do have confirmation (at least through Twitter) that Wednesday indeed had the worst air the Twin Cities has ever record on record.  When you average out what I'm guessing are hourly readings from stations across the Minneapolis/St. Paul, Wednesday's 175 is a metropolitan area record.  The hourly average record, apparently, is still 308, set in the city of St. Michael in July 2021.

Just setting the record straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment