Saturday, June 17, 2023

Addendum To: I Don't Wanna Be Promoted!

So my supervisor was out in My Main Department yesterday.  Shocked the heck out of me.  I was walking in her direction (the supervisor out in My Main Department has a desk) and another of my co-workers was standing up in such a way that blocked her from me.  That co-worker moved and she appeared, sitting in this desk, as if an apparition.

After I passed her, I looked back.  She said she now works specifically in that department two days a week.

She complained that she was being asked to do two jobs without a comparable bump in pay.  Is this the compromise?  If so, is that what she wants ... or is tolerating, for now?

I told her we'll talk.  I assume we will because it looks as though she isn't going anywhere for the time being.  Just a bit surprised that an outcome I was led to believe she would refuse to allow is happening, even in this hybrid form.

No comments:

Post a Comment