Monday, June 19, 2023

Poor Bastards Of The Moment (Or At Least From Last Monday): The University Of Texas Baseball Team

I need to get my mind off the death of Grandmother's friend, so I'm doing this quick one.  And by the by, I haven't done a Poor Bastard Of The Moment in months, of not years, but I need to do it for the Texas baseball team.

Last Monday was Game 3 of the Super Regional between the Longhorns and host Stanford.  The series was tied at 1, so the winner of this Game goes onto the venerated Men's College World Series, which began on Friday.

Bottom of the Ninth, Game tied.  The Texas Pitcher induces the Stanford batter into a pop fly.  Harmless ball that will be caught, sending this thriller into extra Innings.

Well, that is what should have happened:


And I don't even like Texas!  Or Stanford for that matter.  But The Farm won and the 'Horns lost.  And by the way, Stanford got eliminated by Tennessee in the MCWS this/Monday afternoon.

Look, I couldn't catch a fly ball if there was a blinking strobe light and an ear-splitting beeper on it.  But I don't have to be good at baseball to know that that Right Fielder, whose name I should look up but won't because I don't want to pile on, should have gotten it, twilight be damned.  Nevertheless, that young man probably is still sick that he lost that ball in the lights.

So, clear your throats: Poor bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment