Friday, June 30, 2023

They're Here Another Month? OK

Just checked the calendar which hangs in the kitchen.  My parents tell me to use it to let them know when I'm not eating dinner during the workweek or having lunch on the weekends.

Well, local alumni are reviving the annual playdate for incoming freshmen from the area, and that is taking place next month.  I have no idea when my parents are flying back to Las Vegas, so I was going to mark the date of the party, which is a month in advance, just in case.  (I was going to tell them at dinner last/Thursday evening [and act as if I learned about the date Wednesday evening, when I told them I was meeting these people, when I was instead going to the MNUFC Match against Kaiserslautern], but I got home so late and they decided to eat early enough that I missed talking to them.)  I flip the calendar to July and see that one of my parents penciled in something, probably a doctor's appointment, a few days before my event.

That means that they're going to be here for at least another month.  I don't mind it -- sometimes.  Yeah, sometimes I wish I had the house to myself.  Regardless, I just want some clarity.  And I have that, at least for another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment