Tuesday, July 18, 2023

I Sleep Different When My Parents Are Home Because ...

Since my folks have come home, when I come home from work (and granted, that's about, oh, three times during the workweek because work keeps me so late I just stay out to eat twice a week), after I eat I immediately retreat into my bedroom and, after scrolling on my cell to decompress, I fall asleep.  Once in a while it's about half an hour.  But usually it's 90 minutes, and sometimes two hours.

Last/Monday night, however, was a bear.  I conked off at around 6 and woke up a bit past 10, just in time to catch the weather report.  I was making up for my lack of sleep that morning.  I may have slept for 90 minutes overnight, but honestly, I don't know if I really fell asleep at all.  (Thank Buddha I fell asleep for lunch.  It was so deep that when my cellphone alarm rang, my whole body jerked up in attention.)  What probably ruined my sleep rhythm was the fact I took a nap between 10:10 and 11 at night.  And that was possibly affected by me not having a nap in the afternoon, which I usually can do during the weekend.  And that, in turn, was affected by me staying up till 5:30 in the morning and sleeping till 11 a.m. -- and that was both on Sunday and Saturday afternoon.  Those four-hour evening naps, by the way, isn't a one-off thing.  I have not done it many times, but I have done it several.

It's ironic, I think, that I am now willy-nilly conking off whenever I want with my parents back living here.  I love sleep.  It could be a hobby for me, no cap.  However, when they're not here, and it's just me in this great, big house, I can't think of too many times where I get a good and proper night's sleep, and I'm sure I don't pull off this biphasic sleep pattern where I pass out in the evening, wake up, then pass out for several hours again before I wake up for work.

Why is that?  Well, if there are no parental units who expect me home, I have a tendency to do what I want ... and that, if I'm being honest with myself, isn't necessarily sleep.  It's going out, it's having drinks at a secret bar, it's eating at fast food places, it's having my dick wanked at a house party, stuff like that.  Moreover, whenever I do make it a night in, I have things I need to do as the sole caretaker of the house -- water the plants, check the mail, call them if any of the mail is important, prepare food, mow the lawn, plow the driveway, etc.  I am on my own when they're not here, so I have to be "on," and that doesn't allow me to relax.

So yeah, hearing my parents yap at each other gets to be too much.  But when they're here, they take care of the house, the meal preparation, the bill paying, the tending to the yards, all of it.  And that means I can relax, and sleep whenever I want for as long as I want.  I am ... safe here with my parents home.  And so I am, well, grateful they make me feel safe.  Please don't tell them I think that, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment