Thursday, July 20, 2023

The Power Went Out

I was eventually going to either write a pretty long blog post about ... something or do my EWR, which I haven't done in months.  But then, a bit past 1, the damn power went out.  Tried to sleep, couldn't, then finally got my headlamp in order to read this surprisingly fun magazine of ... well, I don't know what you call it, but the editor-in-chief wrote every single article touting something around the Twin Cities and the state of Minnesota, and he did so with a lot of style and even sarcasm.  I probably will keep it.

Finished that at 3.  Tried to sleep again and couldn't.  Finally, at a bit past 4, I heard the beep from our alarm.  I put in a ticket to the local utility saying the power was out, and it said it'll be up by 6:30.  Welp, even though we had no electricity for a little more than three hours and so I missed listening to the kickoff Game of the Women's World Cup (because my modem and thus Internet were out), they are 2 1/2 hours ahead of schedule.  And now I can blog something small, like this.  And now, hopefully, I can finally go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment