Saturday, July 15, 2023

Ick, Hangover

So yesterday/Friday the workload at work wasn't bad.  But my day was still bad because I spent the first 90 minutes trying to get into my computer.  Shouldn't have made updating my computer the last thing I did before I left Thursday afternoon.  And then I had re-training with my supervisor in the afternoon, and that was another 70 minutes that pushed back the work I normally would have done earlier.  The saving grace of the work was that many of the forms came from the same company.  That means that I could combing my requests for missing information into one e-mail, then scan all the forms for that company at once and send them all at once.  There were seven forms that happened to need to go to the same company.  In essence, that's not seven forms I had to deal with, but only one.

I would have been able to get out in about eight hours if I weren't locked out of my computer and if I didn't have re-training I had to do.  That wasn't enough to get bent out of shape, but my weird day didn't dissuade me from going to the secret bar I wanted to go to, and which I reached a bit before 6:30.  I was afraid that my run of good times was going to end because they inevitably do -- bartender having a bad day, being bothered by some drunk sitting next to me, etc.  And I will say that I didn't have a good sleep for lunch and, combined with getting about three hours of sleep overnight, I was pretty tuckered out.  I was kind of scared the two cocktails I planned on having would amplify my fatigue and get my in trouble on my drive home.

I was alright.  But once I got that second cocktail, which I asked the bartender to make based on what he wants to make, to go with some tasty Korean wings, I felt really good.  The music, which is always great, was spinning this person named Rahill, whose latest album, released in May, is very impressive.  And while I am glad I got there when it wasn't busy, it quickly got packed starting in the 7 o'clock hour, and seeing this good place full of people really puts me in a good mood.  Once again, it was a great night there.

And I got home just fine.  Actually stopped by Sebastian Joe's one the way because I was still on one and getting a regular sundae during the Golden Hour but when the sky was hazy with Canadian wildfire smoke seemed like the right thing to do.  Got home, made sure I pulled my daily Day 7/400% free spin on Zynga Poker, then went to sleep at a bit past 9.

And I woke up at around a quarter to 1, and I had this pounding headache.  I am not unfamiliar with a pounding headache after going to these bars, or even after making one cocktail for myself at home.  I enjoyed my time out, and I would do it again, but this ... well, let's just call it a hangover because it was, this occurrence that always happens is, well, getting kind of old.

No comments:

Post a Comment