Saturday, November 24, 2012

My Car Is Brand New Again! No More Angst!!!

OK, my diagnosis that it had to be the idle air control valve was wrong.  And the nice old man at the car repair shop I'm thinking about taking my business also was incorrect, saying that it was the pressure regulator.

It turns out the problem was (drumroll please) ... the fuel damper.  Or the dampener, which I thought was proper English, but turns out to be two letters too much.  It looks like a giant screw, or even a bathtub plunger.  But this simple thing, hopefully, was the cause of my car not starting, the fumes, and the plummeting mileage.  Three problems, one solution!

Plus it was less than $300, so my fears that The Mechanic Around The Corner would gouge me for even more money proved to be unfounded.  So my faith in them has been reborn, and my car is absolutely like new, and I have absolutely no cares in the world!!!

Until my car breaks down again.  I've only driven my car twice, from The Mechanic Around The Corner home, and home to My Favorite Coffeeshop (Morning Division), where I am currently blogging this.  So something else could crop up.  Well, something else will crop up.  Which means I should enjoy these hours with my car being "perfect" as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment