Monday, November 12, 2012

More Car Shit

Today, the first real snow of the winter and the first day temperatures did not rise above freezing, my car had even more trouble starting than before.  But I'm not worried about that now because it's starting a hell of a lot later than it once did.  Add in the cold, and the engine holding on while not cutting out is not something I had a lot of anxiety.  It's not going to start instantly anymore, but it has never failed to start eventually.  Today continues a pattern; I guess this is The New Normal.

What I have also noticed is there are car smells while I drive.  Seems to come from underneath the hood.  It smells mostly like gas.  I'm not getting skeeved over it for now, although I went to Barnes & Noble today and checked out an article from the Consumer Reports off-shoot magazine whose cover headline was something like "10 Signs That That You Have Major Car Problems," and one of those things was a gas smell, and it says that it may indicate a fuel leak that might mean an explosion if there's open fire close to the car.

Fuck My Life. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment