Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Expenses Without Receipt

Since today, Tuesday, November 13, when I spent nothing:

  • Monday the 12th: I fell dead asleep very early Sunday night, so I woke up a full night's sleep ... and an appetite.  I wanted to resist, but I gave in and got a croissant sandwich from the eatery at work: $3.77.
  • Sunday the 11th I finished my long, 11-hour day at the Vikings game unwinding at My Favorite Stripclub (No-Cover Division).  The Vikings won, yet the bar still felt more boisterous than it usually is after a victory.  Not much of a crowd, but many of the guys there were getting dances from the girls working that shift ... well, three of the four.  The fourth was Silver, a lifer, and someone I had been meaning to get a lapdance from.  So I did.  That plus tips and coffee: $32.
  • Saturday the 10th: Stripclubbin' at the same place.  No coffee, I guess, tips only: $8.
  • And before that I went to St. Paul (glad the car made it without incident) and went to the Minnesota RollerGirls bout.  One of the games finished close, a rarity.  It was so close, in fact, that one of the coaches from both teams started shoving each other when it was over.  Good times, great oldies.  Another thing I noticed: I usually tip a dollar for my beer, but this time I only gave back the change.  I did that because all I saw in front of the bartender were quarters.  I then thought back, and I think that I tipped a buck because I always saw piles of dollars in tips in front of the barkeep.  So am I influenced to tip depending on what the people before me tipped, whether it was a dollar or only 50 cents?  One other thing: I felt a sense of relief only tipping 50 cents because I felt giving a buck was just too much.  Saturday I finally got an out to do what I want to do without the social consequences.  So anyway: Ticket, beer and tip total: $22.
  • Thursday the 8th ... the only thing I spent money on was valet parking for a new car event featuring an appearance by Ricky Rubio at the Lexus dealership in Wayzata.  He was there to take pictures with fans in front of a sweet new Lexus, but I demurred for two reasons: 1) I still fancy myself a journalist and I thought that was beneath me, and 2) He showed up a quarter past 6 when I thought he was scheduled to be there at 5, and I promised Mother I'd be home around 6:30.  I tried staying a little late, but seeing that there were so many kids, I just split with all the free food I ate, memories of the new line of Lexuses, and a brochure.  The valet cost: $2.
I'm all caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment