Saturday, November 3, 2012

All I Did Was Cough

The cough that I got last month, the one that went away after I spent the rest of a Sunday night sleeping early after working the Vikings game, seems to have come back with a vengeance.  Seemed to have returned either yesterday or the night before.

Unfortunately I have done this as soon as my parents came home from their road trip.  And the worst of it came just after dinner, as I was watching the Timberwolves game.  I don't know how it started; my nose isn't runny, but I just get a little that runs down my throat and I cough.  And this time I was coughing up a lot, really hacking and stuff.

And so My Fucking Father had to start nagging again: "Why don't you see a doctor?"  That's paranoid bullshit coming out of his goddamn mouth again, but I couldn't tell him that because I'd get thrown out of the house.  So I just told him the truth; Mother got a letter from The Store (guess that went today!) saying that my insurance has been taken away from me because I replied to their renewal form late (although the door isn't completely closed; I have till the 9th to have them "re-open my case," so maybe I overreacted when I sent in the forms, though I didn't know it at the time).

Well, here comes the rant: "Then why don't you get a long-term job then?  You know, you've been out of school for like ten years now!"

Man, what the fuck am I supposed to say to that?  Should I just drop everything and enroll at the U. right then and there?  He always says this nagging shit, and I never have a good answer for him.  So I just didn't say anything, cleared the dinner table and left.  I was going to watch the rest of the game and maybe blog a bit last night, but I got so depressed that I just turned off the TV and slept at 9.  Yes, I blame him.

I wanted to avoid confrontation with My Fucking Father.  If I said anything back to him, he'd just get even madder.  But hearing him clean the kitchen for whole fucking hour after we were done eating, all the clanging of pots and pans, I know he was already pissed over what he thinks I did to him, my seeming indifference to my own health.  He's probably angry at me anyway.

I don't know what My Fucking Father has in store for me tomorrow.  I can wait.

God Fucking Christ, all I did was cough!

No comments:

Post a Comment