Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post-Election Confession

May I confess something?  After Barack Obama won the presidency four years ago, becoming the first person of color to do so.

I was watching ABC News -- when it didn't suck -- and as the clock struck 10 o'clock Central time I saw a Cheshire Cat grin spread across Charlie Gibson's face.  He knew what he was about to say next was a moment in history, the reason why people make journalism their calling.  The polls closed in the Western United States, solid blue territory.  With his wins in some battleground states out east, Gibson could project that Barack Hussein Obama would become the next President of the United States.

One of the first things I did?  I texted the only black friend I knew and congratulated him.  Racist?  Probably.  But at least he texted back saying something to the effect of, "Lol, I'm just glad the country can move in a better direction," or something.

More later.  Let me just say I am overwhelmingly happy with how the election, for nearly all the offices and questions, turned out last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment