Monday, November 19, 2012

Expenses Without Receipt

I need to put something down for today, so I'll go with EWR.  From today, Monday, November 19:

  • I've got this thing at work.  The eatery on the first floor?  It looks like they have one breakfast special and one lunch special each of the five days.  I don't think they change.  Before I lose this job, I want to eat each at least once.  Because my parents usually want me to buy chicken on Mondays, I might as well spend money today.  So I did, for lunch, a lasagna casserole (which actually looked like just plain ol' lasagna, but it was good).  Cost: $7.27.
  • Maybe the reason my car smells of exhaust/fuel/coolant is that my car hasn't been washed in, like, two months.  I wanted to do it sooner, but the damn power window on the rear passenger side was broken, so I waited.  Maybe there were, like, leaves that was blocking something and backing something up, so that is the vapor coming in through the external air.  Well, I tried it, and survey says ... uh, no.  The smell's still there, maybe even worse.  But I at least washed the car.  Charged the wash, but the tip was straight cash, homey: $2.
  • Saturday the 17th ... after the USC loss I tried this new place downtown, an arcade/nightclub called Insert Coins.  It makes no damn sense, but the first Insert Coins is a hit in Vegas, apparently.  I played three old-school games: Karate Champ, Track & Field, and Centipede.  They're each 50 cents; man, I miss when games were just a quarter.  So: $1.50.
  • To Friday the 16th -- had the hallock at work.  Had it before, but I thought I had it the last time with nothing else but tartar sauce, and this time they threw in macaroni and cheese.  Total: $6.20.
  • After work I went to that enervating women's volleyball match where the Gopher came back from a 2-1 set deficit to beat Nebraska for the first time in 32 years.  Hot dog, Coke and program: $8.50.
  • And after that I had a mocha for the first time in a long time.  And this may be the first time I had one at Caffetto.  With tip: $3.50.
Thursday?  Wednesday?  Um, I'm going to say no, so I think I'm caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment