Monday, November 26, 2012

Addendum To: My Car Is Brand New Again! No More Angst!!!

Yeah, what I said about my car being all fixed?  Yeah, fuck that.

I hate myself for jumping the gun.  Friday night I just took my car, with new fuel damper, home, went to bed at 6:30 and didn't wake up till 7 in the morning.  Wanted to get coffee at My Favorite Coffeeshop (Morning Edition) to see the barista there that I've known for a long time but haven't seen in a long time.

Started my car.  Took a long time, and didn't start the first time I cranked it, but I chalked that up to the cold weather.  But after 2 1/2 hours at the coffee place, I started my car again and I had the same goddamn problem that I've had before I brought it in to The Mechanic Around The Corner: I had trouble starting.  Trying to start it after I worked out later that day confirmed the continuing problem.

It may be getting worse.  It always starts the second time, so I thought I would crank it about halfway, turn the key all the way back off, then try it again.  Doing that would at least save me the anxiety over seeing the thing die on me, and it also prevents me from overcranking and flooding the engine.  But it still happens, therefore the car dies on me twice now.  Maybe it's the weather.  Maybe.  OK, maybe not.

Also I still smell gas fumes coming through the external air vents.  The gas mileage?  Well, let me fill up a whole tank and see if anything changed.

This is frustrating.  One of three things happened: The Mechanic Around The Corner ripped me off; The Mechanic Around The Corner thought it was the fuel damper and it wasn't, and therefore is incompetent and not ripping me off; or the car is so bad that the fuel damper had to be fixed and there is yet another problem.

Whatever the case I don't have the time nor energy to bring my lovely car in for repairs again for another three weeks.  That's when my parents are out of town and I might be out of a job, but I will at least have the means and possibly have the time to look into this.  And if I do, I will be going to another place besides The Mechanic Around The Corner.  I don't care if I have to walk a little farther, I need a fresh set of eyes looking at this thing.  And even if this isn't intentional, I am tired of giving these guys my money.

I hope my car makes it.  But to be honest, if it's on its last legs, it's on its last legs.  My fucking God, if it's not one thing about this moving trash heap, it's another.

No comments:

Post a Comment