Saturday, November 10, 2012

Weird Energy

I am working this weekend's Vikings game.  In a first, the guy with the production crew gave me the choice of coming in only on Sunday or both days this weekend.  I thought, Hell, I need the money -- not knowing that I wouldn't be working with production at all but instead just being a gopher for the entire crew.

That means that I will be working (not counting being an extra last Sunday) 12 straight days for now until next Saturday.  That's totally cray-cray, but it beats not working.  I'm taking this as making up for all those months not working.  Then again, I could totally be singing a different tune if I'm burned out from working.

Moreover, I will have to wake up early both Saturday and Sunday.  Which means there won't be a single damn day I won't have to wake up in the morning, which is something I hate to do.  I immediately go back to my 7 a.m. job on Monday, so staying up right now blogging this is freaking me out.  I have to be at work by 8 this morning, and when contacting the crew supervisor I will be working for this weekend, he told me that I would have to be up even earlier on Sunday, and he gave a little snort when he said that.  I hope he's not a dick.

Felt tired and hit the hay at 10:30, but woke up at 2:30 and haven't been able to sleep since.  I'm reconciling my monthly expense list and folding my clothes while I blog this in order to get tired again.  But my mouth was so dry waking up that I had to drink a Pepsi, which will probably assure me of staying up through the late night.  Doesn't help that I was told by this supervisor to get donuts, and I've decided to be fancy by going to a special place in town that has, like, the best donuts.

I should be asleep, but there are so many things I have to do, plus I'm wide awake.  Weird energy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment