Thursday, October 11, 2012

Is It A Virus?

I've mentioned how this is the time of year where I get a cold, which usually is my body's way of adjusting to the colder weather.  What happens is that one day I get, the next day I suffer through it, that night I go to sleep early with the heater on, and the next morning I'm better because I basically sweat the fucking thing out of me.

Well, the onset of the cold was Sunday, and I'm still not better.  In fact it's gotten worse; I was hacking a lot, and loudly, at work, much to the distraction of the guy working in the same room as I.  It's worse because I work for a nursing non-profit.

I haven't put the heater on, but the two nights prior to last night, I turned in early and got what my body needed for sleep.  And still I'm not good.  Should I crank up the heat?  Is it a virus?  Am I just getting old and no longer able to fend these colds off 48 hours after I get them?  Am I dying?

No comments:

Post a Comment