Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bringing My Car In ... For The Last Time?

My credit card billing cycle is about to end, so now it's safe for me to bring my car in to The Mechanic Around The Corner for help with what the fuck is going on with it this time.  I'm at the sweet spot where I can push charging the repair till next month (and pay it the month after that), but they have a week to figure out what's wrong with it and, hopefully, get a used part to replace it.

The bad thing is that I was asked if I thought if it was only one thing.  How should I know if it's one or more than one thing?  You're the mechanic!  However, I am worried that it is more than one thing.  Maybe it was the way I communicated that I first felt vibration and thudding when the car is idling and accelerating, and then later the inability to respond when I hit the gas pedal, as if they were two different things.

I'm assuming it's the fuel pump; replacing that will be expensive, but I've got the money for it.  If it's any more, or if there's something else?  Fuck me, and fuck this car.

No comments:

Post a Comment