Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Just About The Dumbest Behind-Sports Ticket Coupon You'll Ever See, And This Doesn't Help The Credibility Of The WNBA One Bit

Thought Game 3 of the WNBA Eastern Conference Finals -- the winner of which will face my well-rested (or is it rusty?) Minnesota Lynx here for Game 1 of the WNBA Finals Sunday night -- was today, because this blog post would tie in nicely.  Instead it's tomorrow.  Eh, I'll do it anyway.

My friend invited me out to the Lynx's final regular season game Monday, Sep. 17.  He wanted to get to Target Center early, and so he dropped off my ticket to a mutual friend of ours, who works as an usher at the arena.

When I met him, he took out my ticket, scanned it, turned it around, and pointed something out: "This is a coupon for a Mongolian grill that I have never heard.  But look closer."  (This is probably not even close to what he said, but he said something.)  I did; it's a chain restaurant called bd's Mongolian Grill -- and its headquarters are in Ferndale, Mich.  There are restaurants mostly in Michigan and Ohio, and a place or two in ten other states -- but there is none in Minnesota.

So why the fuckety-fuck is there a coupon for a restaurant that doesn't even exist in Minnesota?!?!?!

Maybe it could be WNBA-related, but there isn't a team in Detroit.  There was one, the Shock, but they were stolen away to Tulsa, Okla.  (There isn't a bd's there, either.)  So the only thing I can think of is that the Timberwolves, who own the Lynx, needed to cut back on the organization's budget in some way, they asked around, and someone from another state sent them ticket stock they didn't need.  I can't see the Wolves or the Vikings or the Twins or the Wild or the Gophers doing this.  Maybe not even the Saints or the Swarm.

Oh, and I just looked even closer; the coupon ($3 off any stir-fry bowl, by the way) expired July 31.  SMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment