Monday, October 22, 2012

The Fucking Trunk Has Been Open This Whole Fucking Time?!?!?!

I just went to my car.  I wanted to get the Monopoly game board that I had in my trunk with the early pieces I already got when the game started at McDonald's.  (I'm such a whore for Monopoly at McDonald's; I ate at Mickey D's three times in about eight days.)  And besides, I wanted to make sure the car is OK.  I haven't moved the car once I put it in the garage, but who knows, maybe the tape on the power window fell down.  Just wanted to check.

Good thing I did.  'Cause I'll be goddamned, the first thing I see is the trunk open.  I'm guessing the last time I did anything with the car -- which is when I pulled it in on Tuesday -- I got something out of the car that evening.  I don't know how in the fuck I did not manage to close the trunk.  So you mean to tell me that the fucking trunk has been open for a whole fucking week?!?!?!

That in itself I don't mind.  But the trunk light has been on the whole time because the trunk's been open.  And yeah, it's just the trunk light.  But they say that if you keep the headlights on all night you'll burn out the battery?  Same thing with this, no doubt in my mind.  Really, I feel like I've been "using the car" 24 hours a day for the past week.  At the very least I feel as if I've "driven" my car each day the past week.  Thinking of it that way, I'm only giving my car a "rest" tomorrow before I have to drive it Wednesday to The Mechanic Around The Corner.  They'll have to fuck with it, and then I'll get it back in a few days (fixed hopefully), and I'll feel pressure to use that car instead of my parents' minivan, and so instead of giving my car a much-needed rest for a week, the battery's been on for the past, like, two fucking weeks.

This is bullshit.  Goddamn, and all because somehow the trunk wasn't closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment