Monday, October 22, 2012

I Lack Follow-Through

Opened up my check for the Vikings game I did a few weeks ago.  The bright side is I needed this check, as well as one from the U., both of which surprisingly came in today.  I was going to cash only my temp check, but I now I have three!

Two downsides.  First, the total of these three checks still did not put me above three grand in my checking account (after I took out money for the week).  The other thing is something I expected in my Vikes check: An extra five bucks for parking I mistakenly and needlessly paid for for a game I did not a few weeks ago, but on Week 1 of the season.

The thing is, I told my contact at the network about this.  She said she would put it in for this check.  However, I did not remind her to do this the week after this later I game I did for the network, and now I get a check only for my day's service.  I guess it would have been her job to remember, but if I wanted it so much, I would have been kind of a prick and e-mailed her.

Moreover, I should have told her about the $5 out of my pocket the week after this first game, but I didn't.  Why?  Oh, a bunch of things -- my car, finding work, avoiding my parents, general forgetfulness.  But again, if this was important to me, I would have alerted this contact sooner.

I guess this is something wrong with me.  I notice something I don't like, I stew for a bit, and then I let it pass my memory.  That might be good for insults and bad situations (even though I don't let it pass my memory, those things I remember for a long time), but bad for when I need to stand up and ask for something that I deserve.  I do this is a lot for a long of things I thought important at the time I remember that I wanted them.  Of course, what those things are I don't remember now.

I suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment