Saturday, October 6, 2012

Expenses Without Receipt

OK, let me try something different with this.  It's pointless to jot down all the Expenses Without Receipt if I have already written them down in my day planner, but that's what I've done the past few EWR entries.

The month turned a week ago, but as usual I haven't updated my day planner.  I haven't done that because I haven't reconciled the monthly expense report yet, and I can't do that because I forgot all the non-receipt expenses for the month since I did the last EWR.

So I need to pivot this thing.  If I am going to continue to do this on WAF, I'll have to make it useful for something.  I might have it.  Until I update my day planner, I need a place to write down all the stuff I bought and don't have a record for.  Maybe that's what EWR should be.

Of course, I realize this a week after I should have started putting these down.  I have a little catching up to do.  Might as well start.  And I might as well stop doing this in chronological order.  In fact, I'll try this one in reverse chronological order because I remember the stuff I bought yesterday (and today) better than the ones earlier.  Gotta think about those.

OK, here goes:

  • Today, Saturday, October 6, I had a coffee at the local Caribou after dropping off my car.  With tip: $2.
  • I then took the bus to the local mall: $1.75.
  • Went to the library to print out a parking pass for tomorrow's Vikings game: 10 cents.
  • Yesterday, Friday, October 5 ... working backwards ... Last thing I did was go to Caffetto to work on my column.  With tip: $1.75.
  • Before that was the University of Minnesota women's hockey game.  I went because this game was the official unveiling of their title banner.  Program, hot dog and souvenir-size Coke is, I think: $10.50.
  • At the building where I work is an eatery on the first floor.  A neat place, quiet, catered stuff.  I took them up on their lunch, haddock with potatoes.  Good, but then I think most food is good.  I hope I have the total memorized correctly: $7.27.
  • Thursday, October 4 ... I think the only expense I had was eating at the USC game.  Twenty wings for only five bucks.  Hit a wall around Wing 16.  With beer and tip: $10.50.
  • Now my memory gets really fuzzy ... before the 4th, the prior day I spent money was Saturday, September 29.  I'm going to say that I went to Caffetto because I published my column then.  With tip: $1.75.
  • And then I think I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version).  Coffee and tips: $10.
  • Then I went to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place.  Soup, big salad, Coke and tip: $9.50.
  • Was Friday, September 28 the day I tried that workplace eatery for the first time?  I think it was.  This time it was breakfast, and I hope I remember the total correctly: $3.77.
  • Went to a coffeehouse close to the U.  With tip: $2.25.
  • And then I went to the first U. women's hockey game.  Program, hot dog, small Coke.  I think I blew the total, but I'm going to say: $8.50.
  • I just noticed that I wrote Expenses Without Receipt for this date.  I went to Caffetto on this date as well.  With tip: $1.75.
I wrote down some stuff on my day planner, so I think I can stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment