Monday, January 19, 2015

Last Week

I have been told, without a doubt, that this is my last week at my current assignment.  This one feels like This Is It because I've been told by both my boss and my temp agency.

It's a mixture of feelings.  On the one hand there's trepidation.  I don't have another job lined up yet, and at this stage of the project I am really going to hate going and no longer seeing this building and the people in it.  I'll miss the steady work and the paycheck and the commute.  On the other hand, I could use a break from working in general, and there are some thing I'll be able to do during the day that I just don't have time for.

Now, I would prefer working to not working.  And really, there are a bunch of things that I could do that could keep me there well through the spring.  I've just churned out a lot of new papers because they needed updating, for example.  But this appears to be a case where they would rather just not pay me anymore.

My feelings about this are going to be mixed; I'll need some time to process them.  But for now I just go to work and the hammer falls when it does on Friday.  Honestly, a huge chunk of me still won't believe I'll be let go from this job until I am told directly from someone at this job that I am let go.

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment