Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dudette, I Don't Speak Spanish!

Got a call yesterday from a girl who met my sister in Central America a couple years ago. They've been phone-tagging ever since. I tried to tell her she doesn't live here anymore. But she kept talking to me in Spanish, even though she must have known that, you know, she's calling someone in a country whose predominant language is English. But that didn't matter to her; she still kept talking to me in Spanish. She didn't even try a "you no speak Spanish?" I tried my best -- I spoke four years back in high school, so yeah, I guess I could've tried to speak better -- but I don't know what I told her. Does this girl know her friend, my sister, doesn't live here anymore?

E-mailed my sis about this. I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment