Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Fan's Dilemma

Both the NHL and NBA Finals finished with the road team winning. If you were there, would you stick around to see the ceremony?

I wouldn't. Seeing my team get embarrassed at home, then seeing the other team rub it in our faces ... my principles would convince me to leave. I remember the North Stars getting their asses kicked in Game 6 of the '91 Stanley Cup Finals, and hearing the Pittsburgh Penguins hoist the cup at the Met Center -- our house! -- on the radio had me confused all night. How could that happen? From that point on, I have always believed that losing the finals of any championship doesn't mean you had a good season. It just means that you're the last loser.

Saw the Penguins post-game celebration at Joe Louis Arena on Friday at a Hooters. I am surprised that no one threw something at one of the players when he had the cup raised over his head. Wouldn't blame him, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment