Monday, October 5, 2009

"Hey, Can You Take A Picture Of Us (Without Fucking Up)?"

So I was leaving the Twins game when the couple ahead of me asked if I could take a picture of them in front of the Metrodome. The woman of the two said that they already asked, but the good samaritans either shot them too close or zoomed so far away they were unrecognizable.

She showed me how it worked and how to shoot a photo of them (from the waist up -- can do!) and I took it, hopefully better than the other strangers who took photos of them on their way out. I showed her my result to make sure she was satisfied.

Both she and her companion looked at it. And I can't believe what she said next: "It's ... OK."

It's just OK? And you had to pause to determine that it indeed was OK? And what does that mean? Could it have been better? Should I have done something to make a better shot? Or are you just saying this is all my goddamn fault? I certainly could just do it again and again till the photo I snap for you guys matches your lofty standards. And the lack of gratitude! You two stopped me, assholes!

I swear, as I was walking away I just know that the couple waited until I was out of earshot before they erased my shot and approached yet another person asking: "Hey, can you take a picture of us?"

No comments:

Post a Comment