Sunday, October 4, 2009

Did I Overreact?

I kind of wanted to know because we weren't at our usual meeting place and I thought we were going to, for the whole season, in fact. Maybe I felt goaded into it by one of the guys at the party. But I asked the manager when I was the last one there. His explanation -- this was an extraordinarily busy night, he thought there'd be a lot of people in there and he didn't want to reserve it just for us unless we covered the amount he thought would be spent by people strolling in and watching the Twins or the Wild there -- was totally understandable. I thank him for making an executive decision. Not too many people are courageous enough to do that.

But maybe I shouldn't have said anything. I mean, besides that one guy, I don't think anybody complained about where we were sitting. And even though the manager seemed straightforward and professional, he might've said to himself as I left, "Boy, what a dick." Could the board members think I was over the line, too? Don't make a big deal out of it, blah-blah-blah. Well, when I got here at a quarter to 7 it was packed, and the counter they reserved us for (I understand it was the best they could do) was not enough for the crowd we eventually got. It was something I still think I should have been concerned about. And I only regret it if people think I shouldn't have raised such a stink about it.

I hope this doesn't ruin anything down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment