Friday, October 23, 2009

Things Fall Apart

Right now I'm stressed over my car.  A couple times I've seen the oil level light light up for a second or two.  I saw this happen over the summer before I got my oil changed, and I attributed that then to not changing the oil after 5,500 miles.  The fact it's happening a mere 2,200 miles since the oil change makes me think it can't be the oil level.  Best case: It's the sensor.  Worst case: It's the oil pump.

Now -- right now -- I'm in my fantasy basketball draft.  I am the commissioner of this league, which means I can set its rules -- including what order the teams in the league draft in.  I set that this afternoon.  I get on the draft late (stupid Gopher volleyball game went five sets ... fucking Christ, you're the ninth-ranked team in the country and it takes you five goddamn sets to beat Michigan St.?!), and I notice that I'm drafting second.  I should be drafting, like, second to last.  Then I look at our league's webpage -- the draft order was changed from custom to random.  Like hell it was!  This is a commissioner's power, or at least I thought so, but some guy named "Peachey," who has the team called "Wahoo," changed it, according to the note.  I don't know who this person is.  He wasn't in the league when I sorted out the order, so he or she must've entered some time this afternoon.  I was asked by one of the regulars in this league to invite his boss, so it might be him, but on "Peachey's" personal page there's a picture of a girl.  Also, it just so happens that this "Wahoo" team got to draft first.

What.  The.  Fuck.

This "Peachey" person denies changing it.  And the other members of the league in the live draft aren't too bent out of shape.  I guess I'm pissed off because I feel like somebody's taking over my league without my permission, but no one else seems the least bit concerned.  I fired off a letter to Yahoo! but I don't hold out hope it's going to amount to anything, goddammit. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment