Saturday, October 24, 2009

Last week I attended this party at a bar in town.  We're part of a large group.  I've seen this woman come to a few of our games.  Nothing's going on, but she's attractive.

It's loud at the bar.  She looks at me, smiles -- that doesn't happen to me, guys! -- and asks me something I couldn't quite hear.  What do I do?  I make myself look cool and say the Universally Ambiguous Answer, "Yeah, yeah."  She gives me a smile, I give her a smile back, and that's it.  I think I would've been able to extend our conversation if I actually knew what the hell she said.  But instead of being honest and asking her to repeat herself so I could hear, I played it off like I was a real man.  She went back to watching the game, as did I.  After that drive right into a brick wall, we didn't speak to each other the rest of the night.

It's not important at all that I get to know her any better; I just want to make sure we exchange pleasantries so she doesn't think I'm a dumbass.

No comments:

Post a Comment