Tuesday, October 6, 2009

True Tales Of San Francisco

  • San Francisco truly is a beautiful city.  Unfortunately, My Mother and I went to the Golden Gate Bridge when it was foggy.  I heard that mornings are always shrouded in low-level clouds, and we saw it both days we were there, but I thought when we went on Thursday that it'd be like Wednesday and the fog burned off.  But it was eerily cloudy when we attempted to walk the bridge, and even though the sun broke through in the afternoon, it failed to burn through the fog on the bridge.  My Mother wanted to bike across the bridge, and even though I don't know how to bike, I wanted to do it for her.  We couldn't do it, though, because the fog didn't lift.
  • I thought we were just going to kick it in Chinatown the whole time, but we didn't -- just most of the time.  It's huge, no doubt.  But I'm surprised at how quickly restaurants and shops closed; the place was dead by 9.  Maybe it's because we went on weeknights.  But it's Frisco, baby.  It's not like it's, uh, Minneapolis.
  • A very liberal city is a very rude city.  It's also a city where the homeless and panhandlers run rampant, especially around Fisherman's Wharf.  Hate to admit this: Saw one vagrant pop out from a trash can and scare the couple in front of me.  Dick.
  • The title of this blog post is a play on an Arctic Monkeys song.  Band's overrated.
More later.  Gotta get this day's blog in.

No comments:

Post a Comment