Saturday, October 31, 2009

OK, so there's this ex-co-worker of mine at my old job. It wasn't as if we hated each other, but we were never close, and there were more than a few occasions where we would be snippy with each other. I would introduce her as an ex-co-worker, nothing more.

We're both on facebook, but we're not facebook friends. Our mutual facebook friend -- all three of us worked at the same place -- was lamenting all the people who were laid off at Target headquarters, his former day job.  She posted something like, Well, the number of people laid off could have been higher.  Now, I doubt she's even thought of me once after we worked together for the last time.  Maybe I should've let a comment that struck me as short-sighted and, yes, stupid slide by.  But being unemployed I think I just felt I had to stand up to such thoughtless words, so I posted back that it doesn't really matter how many total jobs were lost if you were one of those people who lost a job.  So she snaps back, "Well, if I have to spell it out for you," even though her post is riven with missspellings.  So I just had to point out that, it's kind of hard to take her seriously when she says she thinks I need things spelled out after reading her previous post.

I know it's petty, but sometimes I just love a pissing match.  And I haven't heard back from her yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment