Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Grandmother Panicking Again

She seemed OK this morning, when I checked her levels.

Then I slept starting at 10:30. Grandmother woke me up at 4:45, when she complained (again) that Father took the rice cooker. She then said she was going to go her friend's place.

I thought that her bobo/helper was there to pick her up. But just in case, I got up and went to the bay window. She was walking by herself, down the road, in the light snowfall.

I had to chase her outside, and I called out to her. She turned around and came back home, saying not, "Wait -- I can't walk to her place," but "it's snowing, I can't go."

---

After saying she wasn't hungry, she decided she wanted to make soup. Father turned off and disabled the stove, toaster oven and propane cooker (more on that later) ... except for one burner on the propane outside.

From that crack of daylight, she went to work. She can't help but prepare vegetables and meat, and now that she has a pot to cook, she threw around the salt and sugar and fucking went to work. Salt and sugar???

I just let her do her thing. She is delusional; while cooking she kept saying that she's making soup so my parents don't have to, even though they told her she doesn't have to anymore. But I don't know if she can help it. I've been out of it for six hours. What has she been doing while I was asleep? She may be getting cabin fever. And maybe she can't help but provide for the family because that's what she's always done.

But, I don't know if she's going to catch hell -- or at least more hell than she usually takes -- if Father catches her boiling the pot of soup, or even a boiled pot of soup. I then thought I needed to stop her, but I didn't know how. Finally, I remembered that I should tell her that Father will have some soup cooked for us when my parents come home.

When I told her that, weirdly, she abruptly stopped cooking. She did all this work to prepare and boil this soup of meat, salt, sugar and, ostensibly, vegetables, and after I say some quick thing about Father, she takes the pot and closes everything down. So now she is, and by extension I am (because you were in the house and how can you let her do something like this?!), screwed two ways. Not only will he find out she tried to cook soup, she didn't even fully cook the soup. If you're going to get into trouble making your own food, you might as well do it right.

So now I don't know where the soup is. Hopefully Grandmother knows she would get in trouble and has the soup in a container in her bedroom. But finally, she is in her bed, relaxing and not sundowning.

No comments:

Post a Comment