Friday, December 30, 2011

The Store Did Not Open Today

I didn't even have to ask, because I knew. Father didn't remind me to go this weekend, and he didn't even tell me the security code. We all knew.

So, instead of opening up The Store (which I would have done, gladly), I slept in. Hell, I even stayed up longer than I usually do, till about 7 or 7:30. I was half-woken up when I heard Grandmother come home with a shitload of groceries we won't eat, but I really woke up for good at 4:30. Nine-and-a-half hours of unconscious bliss.

Nonetheless, it feels weird. Sleeping in does feel weird, but I'm really talking about not opening The Store. It may not have been worth it; there was a good chance no one would show up. But it was tradition, what we did. And now, we don't have to do that anymore. If I weren't so happy getting so much sleep, and if I didn't have to take a shower now because I have something to do later tonight, I would ruminate on this.

Maybe my nightmare acted like my karma. I vaguely remember a group of us getting killed one by one, till I was was one of the few left. Then someone from my team shot me and ran away. I woke up just before I died. Thankfully, since I would really be dead if I died in my nightmare, at least according to those who did die during their nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment