Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Yeah, It's Time To Stress Out

Started the flu billing job Monday.  Felt good about being back in a place I'm familiar with, mostly because I was asked back, which meant they must have liked me.  Unfortunately, yesterday (Tuesday) I was met with the standard again, and all the bad memories came back to me.

I started work with three other people, a couple and a guy who's lived a lot.  None of them are Minnesota natives, oddly enough.  We finally started putting in claims Tuesday, and at the end of the day our supervisor had us check how many claims we did.  The three newbies weren't really close, although, to be fair, we started inputting that stuff in the late morning.  Extrapolating for the whole day, they would not have reached the goal.  The guy next to me, the man who's lived a lot, I could see him being really stressed out once we were done with training and started working.

However, I was little better.  While I did outwork the other guys, extrapolation meant I would not have hit the standard either.  When I saw my number, I remember the call I got from my temp agency contact registering his "worry" over how I'm not making it.  I then remember the day after that call, feeling my heart beat, being in a bad attitude all day.  I checked my production number constantly, and when it was lunchtime and I still wasn't progressing at the right pace, I did what I consider to be not normal: I worked through lunch.  That was the only way I could hit the number I needed to keep my job.

And now, not only do I think the other three need to do that, I fucking might need to do that, too.  That sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment