Sunday, September 29, 2013

NFL Anti-Picks, Week 4

Record, Week 3: 3-2
Overall Record: 9-8

Total Outlay, Week 3: $300.00
Total Winnings, Week 3: $286.35
Loss, Week 3: $13.65

Overall Gain: $186.32

The Browns-Vikings Under really killed me.  Never thought either team could score because their offenses can't get out of their own way.  Apparently the defenses have the fortitude of saloon doors, so they combined to score 58 points, enough to blow that Under pick and the parlay, thus leaving me with a tiny loss for the week.  Aside: In retrospect, I should have bet big on the Vikings losing.

---

Have to make these picks quick, too:

1) Cincinnati -3 1/2 (Cleveland will come down from their surprise "upset" of Minnesota.  The Bengals, on the road, may assert themselves as best team in the AFC North) $50

2) Baltimore -3 (At Buffalo, whom I still believe is one of the worst franchises in the league) $50

3) Kansas City -3 1/2 (A lot of sharp money believes the Chiefs will cover at home against the Giants.  Who am I to disagree?  Best Bet this) $100

4) Pittsburgh -3 (In London.  OK, Christian Ponder got benched, fulfilling the wishes of many Vikes fans.  But the writer for The Big Lead was right: The shitty offensive line is still there to allow pass rushers to come through at will, and Matt Cassel isn't as mobile as Ponder is when the shit goes down.  To make up for my timid bet on Minnesota last week, I'll Quadruple Best Bet this bitch) $200

5) Atlanta -2 1/2 (Despite hosting New England, a lot of sharp money says the Falcons might win this easily.  Is the public still blindly following the Patriots?  Best Bet this) $100

6) Miami-New Orleans Under 48 (Two 3-0 teams with two Quarterbacks passing pretty well.  Despite this being played in the Superbowl, this is strictly a pick against the grain) $50

7) I'm nervous that my first two wagers are on road favorites, so I'll compound my anxiety by parlaying 1) with 2), for $50.

8) The two "square" Best Bets, 3) and 5), also for $50.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment