Monday, September 2, 2013

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Sunday, September 1:
  • I have receipts for the 1st, so back to Saturday, August 31. ...  After my failed plans to attend the matinee of the final day of Pride & Prejudice (sorry, Pete Campbell from Mad Men, I'm pretty sure you were good), I had an entire afternoon to try and stay awake.  I went to Uptown and the Warby Parker Class Trip to tell the guys there that I got the prescription sunglasses I ordered at the bus Thursday evening, wore it for the first time this day, and loved it.  I then went to this place called The Beat, a coffeeshop I haven't been to in at least two years, and got a cold press for the hot day.  With tip: $2.75.
  • After working at the Fair I tried the Minneapple Pumpkin Pie.  Didn't work as much as the Minneapple Pie does, but it was a valiant effort: $6.
  • Capped off my night at My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place.  I finally have an excuse to go back there: Late-night football.  Large salad, soup, Coke, tip: $9.50.
  • Friday the 30th ... Should I talk about how much money I had to pay to get my car back?  I should, just in case I ever have my car towed again.  So the tow itself cost me $138, even though I didn't ask them to.  Then there is $18 for a daily storage fee.  (That's not counting the $42 parking ticket I still have to pay.)  Thank goodness my friend at the club volunteered to help me out.  I hope to pay him back, uh, soon: $156.
  • I planned to go to Hooters after my interview, but I really needed it after getting my car towed.  With tip: $18.
  • I'm glad I remembered that in my City Pages "Best Of" issue from April, because there was a dollar-off coupon to a combination coffee/tea/bubble tea place at the U. called Publika/Dogwood.  I think there are two companies operating as one, that's the reason behind the two names.  It's confusing.  Anyway, it was $1 off any large drink.  And so I tried their lemon smoothie, which was a little icier than I liked, but it was OK for the hot day.  Unfortunately I don't think the girl computed the discount right, because I still paid more for it (with tax) than the list price of the smoothie.  Alright, guess I won't be going there anymore.  With tip: $4.
  • U. soccer game.  Didn't really plan on going, but they decided this day was the day they were finally going to pave it, and we had to stay away from the street altogether until 7 in the evening, and I just thought I'd give them the whole damn night.  Program, hot dog and small Coke: $8.75.
  • Afterward, Caffetto.  Tried their cold press for the first time -- it's ... alright.  With tip: $3.25.
  • On Thursday the 29th I went to work out for the first time in almost two weeks: $3.
  • On the night I got my car towed in downtown Minneapolis, I had a beer.  With tip: $4.  (ETA that I also chipped in money for the raffle.  Have to add $5 so the actual total is: $9.)
  • Then my friend took me home, although we stopped by his bank on the way home to front me money.  What a guy.  That was really nice of him.  A loan of: $200.
  • Wednesday the 28th ... Used a free coupon for a hamburger at Wendy's.  Had to buy a small fries and Coke to get it: $3.30.
  • Before returning home from the library I got an Orange Julius from DQ which is on sale till Saturday.  Unfortunately I got confused when the woman asked me if I wanted a straight-up Julius or a smoothie.  I got a smoothie, which I usually don't get because what I got was totally different than the Juliuses (Julii?) I usually get.  Very icy, too icy.  Oh well, at least it was on sale: $1.61.
  • At Tuesday, August 27th I went to the movies to see Elysium.  Wasn't as political as I thought it would be, and I was kind of disappointed, to be honest.  B, maybe B-?  Ticket, popcorn and pop: $9.25.
  • Worked at the Fair that evening and I treated myself to a pronto pup after it was over so I could eat while listening to Depeche Mode: $4.
  • I think the only EWR for Monday the 26th is the bag of mini-donuts I bought after working the Fair: $4.
  • Don't think I spent any cash on Sunday, so on Saturday August 24 I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) because one of the owners and a bouncer there has been very sick and they were raising money for his hospital bills.  Weirdest thing: I went there intent on giving money, and instead I got a handjob in the parking lot.  Long story, tell ya later: $20.
  • But I did have some money left over -- the rest of it, in fact: $5.
  • On Friday the 23rd I ate the following at the Minnesota State Fair: A smelt boat ($6); a pina colada from Manny's Tortas (sipped straight from a pineapple ... which I trashed even though I know it could be composted; $7); and a mocha on a stick from the Farmers Union ($5.75).  Doing addition: $18.75.
  • Picked up a really rusted quarter in the bleachers at Robbie Stadium while watching the Gopher soccer team defeat Toledo in The Opening Day Of The College Sports Season.  It is virtually black, not silver, and I cannot see and even feel either George Washington's head on the heads side or the eagle on the tail side.  And still it's probably legal tender.  An Infusion of: 25 cents.
  • Oh yeah, I also ate at the game.  Hot dog and my annual souvenir-sized Coke -- oh, and along with a program -- should equal: $10.50.
  • I then I went to Caffetto to end my Friday evening.  Guess it was just a coffee.  With tip: $1.75.
  • On Thursday, August 22 I bought the following foods from the Minnesota State Fair: hot dish-on-a-stick ($5.50); Ole's plain cannoli ($4.50); "Mediterranean" lemonade ($4); Sweet Martha's Cookies (regular cone for $5); and unlimited milk ($1).  Total: $20.
  • Began Wednesday the 21st by going to the coffeeshop that used to be in the mall closest to me.  Weird thing: Last week I got a free refill, but this week I did not get one because, according to the barista, she gave me a to-go cup when free refills were only for mugs.  Hell, she was the one who gave me the damn mug and refill last week!!!  Maybe we need some cooling-off time.  Besides, the kids move back into the U. next week; probably best to stay away.  With tip: $5.75.
  • Went to a place called the Seward Cafe to eat and have my alumni meeting.  Macaroni and Cheese.  Not bad, though it's a bit expensive just for Mac 'N' Cheese.  With tip: $8.
  • I picked up a dime in the bathroom stall while I was trying to take a dump in the Guthrie Theater after I struck out getting a rush ticket to see Pride & Prejudice, an Infusion of: 10 cents.
  • Because I couldn't take in the play, I decided to take in some tits.  Once again the stripper-turned-waitress ignored me saying that she could keep the change and tells me that she's going to get my whole change back.  Like an idiot, I give her a dollar tip instead of 75 cents.  At least I made it up because one of the strippers there creeps me out.  And I was lucky that she was the last of the four dancers there to go upstage when I got there.  That meant I didn't have to wait through her set, and possibly need to avoid awkward eye contact with her.  Once I got done with my coffee I was outta there.  Said coffee, dollar tip and tip dances: $8.25.
  • Tuesday, August 20 ... did another double-bill at the movies.  The Wolverine and We're The Millers.  My reviews for both are here.  Tickets for both, one popcorn and one pop equal: $14.50.
  • I then went to Pizza Hut: $14.03.
  • Where I used the vending machine to get a Pepsi: $1.50.
  • And where, I think, I found a penny on the ground, an Infusion of: 1 cent.
  • To Monday the 19th where I spent the whole day with my friend who's recovering from a stroke.  First, let me take care of the bus fare both ways: $3.50.
  • Then, for the Twins game, I spent an overpriced seat, a right-priced program, a hot dog (with chips included) and a small souvenir-sized pop (grossly overpriced).  All told, the damage for spending several hours seeing the Twins play like shit: $37.
  • Oh, but I think I did find a penny lying on the ground.  An Infusion of: 1 cent.
  • Afterwards I hung out with my friends, one who I went to the game with and one who was working the Twinks game, at Jimmy John's.  Had enough money just for a sandwich; water, no Coke: $6.41.
  • I had to bug out early because since I was downtown I took some time to go to our place where my alma mater watches games.  On my way there I caught up to the manager whom I wanted to talk to, who was walking back to the bar.  And to be a good, paying customer, after talking I stayed around to have a beer.  With tip: $4.
  • Next up: Sunday, August 18 ... I found yet another penny on the ground.  Another Infusion of: 1 cent.
  • Going back to Friday the 16th, where my day started with eating at this Mexican place relatively close to me that was recommended in this year's City Pages "Best Of" issue.  Pretty good, but also pretty expensive.  With tip: $9.
  • I think I found a dime when hanging out at the library.  And Infusion of: 10 cents.
  • Then I went to the Lynx loss.  Free ticket, so hot dog and Coke came out to: $11.25.
  • Afterwards I hit the house party, where I got wanked by ***e*.  ****e* was supposed to be there, too, but she skipped after five minutes.  I reckoned she was surprised by what really happened there; turns out she wasn't.  As I said, I'll tell ya later.  With cover: $110.
  • And then after that I walked down to Glam Doll Donuts to replenish my fluids.  Two donuts, a mocha and tip equals a too-much: $9.50.
  • Finally, on Thursday the 15th I printed out my health insurance application at the library.  Total: 80 cents.
  • Since it was Thursday, I got Pizza Hut.  But I was jonesing for a Coke.  Luckily they have a Pepsi vending machine over there, so I indulged in one: $1.50.
And now I am good through September 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment