Friday, September 6, 2013

I've Just Been Threatened On Facebook

I am Facebook friends with a long-ago and famous Playmate.  I made the mistake of commenting that an actor unfortunately died.  This Playmate corrected me, I said I was sorry, and that was that.

Except that one asshole took it upon himself to not let things slide and in fact take umbrage of something said in a conversation that had nothing to do with him.  So I open up my facebook and see that some English prick messaged me that he was offended by what I said and wanted me to delete it.  Say what?

Wow, I've just been bullied in facebook.  What does it fucking matter to him what I say to this Playmate friend of mine?  It's none of his goddamn business.  Besides, I apologized -- to her.  I don't need to fucking apologize to this asshole.

But ... is it worth fighting?  I just deleted this comment that so offended him five, ten minutes ago, just to keep the peace.  I've got too many problems on my plate to bother with some guy across the pond reacting to something I said to someone else.  One stupid comment that obviously matters more to him than me.  So I deleted it.

And ... to make sure that this will be the last time I ever have to worry about this ... human, I blocked him.  But although it gives me the finality of never having to face him ever again, it didn't make me happy.  By messaging me he threatened my privacy.  So I finally found the tab where I could also report his message.  I told Facebook that he threatened me.  Let's hope that these guys give this douche a hard time for threatening me.  They have all my personal information to make money out of; it's the least they could do.  Finally, to really clean the slate, I deleted the conversation.

However ... however, I still was not satisfied.  I regret deleting that message because I gave in.  I do not want to give in.  Keeping the peace is the same as giving in.  What I should have done is messaged him back essentially saying, "I'm not deleting it; what are you gonna do about it?"  But once you delete a message it's gone for good.  Also, to do this I would have to unblock him, and when I do I wouldn't be able to re-block him for 48 hours.  I don't know why, but that's probably my rage overpowering my thinking.  Facebook might be thinking that the abuse I'm reporting can't be that bad if I'm talking back to him.  But I had to get my shots in.  So I unblocked him so I could send him the message that he was being hypersensitive.

I hope I'll remember to block his ass two days from now.  And I really, really hope this asshole pays for messaging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment