Sunday, February 8, 2015

Alright, Just Chill The Fuck Out, OK?

Without giving too much away -- probably wouldn't be able to explain it even if I thought I'd be able to tell you everything -- we're putting payments into our system now, so we have to worry about the total of amounts we put in for each claim equal the total amount of the check.  So far -- and we probably have gone through five checks, about half -- it hasn't.

Friday afternoon I realized why.  Again, without getting too deep into it, I know that for some of the packets, payments should not be applied to all of the names on the list.  We have many checks.  Each check is supposed to be for this huge roster (in spreadsheet form) of names.  Meanwhile, we were going off of a different spreadsheet, or in this case, spreadsheets.  Those are not organized by roster; they're organized by packet.  They are different, because the names on a certain packet may have been moved by us to a different insurance company after a roster has been sent (and I send a roster every week).  So I send in an entire roster which includes some names out of this packet.  Later I learn that there are new names that have to be sent on a new roster.  You would not specifically know that, however, on the spreadsheet we are applying payments from unless you know where to look.  I and the male of The Two have not; we've just been shotgunning the names that we see.

I realized this and remember that one of the full-timers said that we're not balancing.  So I told her, because she needs to know, and it's probably better for me that she gets pissed at me now and not later.  I told the male of The Two, and as usual he pissed and moaned about it like a bitch, then talked about it to the full-timer behind my back.  So I had to step in and show the two where on the spreadsheet you can (at least I hope you can) see which payments come from which check.  I don't think going over the spreadsheets we've done will be a hard, just long, and I don't know if it's going to be even be that long.

So all we have to do is, at some point, probably Monday, we'll go through the spreadsheets we've already gone through and remove payments of any person if the information attached to that person shows that it's part of a roster of a different check.  That's all.  I think.  And then the numbers will balance out.  I hope.  So let's just chill the fuck out.  Please.  For me.

Man, maybe I should look forward to losing this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment