Friday, February 20, 2015

Weird Dream At Night (Only One Of Which I Can Remember)

Just for the record: Fell asleep listening to the University of Minnesota women's basketball game against Iowa Tuesday night at halftime.  (Should have stayed up: Amanda Zahui B. is actually making some headlines for her 39-point, Big Ten-record 29-rebound performance in helping take out 13th-ranked Iowa, 93-80.)  That was around 8:30, maybe 8:45.  Woke up around 2:30, 2:45.  Stayed up till about 5:30.  Woke up (to continue this ruse of working) at 6:45.  This second sleep, this nap, is when this happened:

Suddenly I was at work, at the flu billing place, and like the lunch we had my last day there, we were having a party.  I walk in to this big room where they've all congregated, slapped a few backs and said hi.  I don't know if I walked in like it was my last day, or if I was returning to say hi or something.  Then, for some reason, I was playing video games, including an old game with a rifle, a Western.  Don't remember the name, and I can't find an image of it on the Internet.  But I remember staring at it for hours as a kid at the arcade at the mall closest to me, and wishing I knew how to play, and the two times I tried playing it I immediately died because I was such a shitty shot.  Oh, and I know there was a stage where you were hunting Native Americans, and when you shot one of them, you would hear that voice, before it died, saying, "Pale face!"  Oh, what's the name of that game?

Then I woke up.

---

This keeping up the act of going to work is really getting to me.  I was trying to watch the Florida International-Rice basketball game on free TV when I felt the sleep come over me.  So, even though I didn't lower the sound or turn off the light, I took off my sunglasses, turned my head away from the TV, and closed my eyes.

That was around 8:30.  I woke around 1.  And dammit, I knew I had a vivid nightmare/dream just before I woke up, and I don't remember it now.  Hate how nightmares just disappear from your consciousness like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment