Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Temp Agency Woman Lied To Me! Again!

OK, so this woman at the temp agency, one I've had to speak with on occasion, got me this current job.  But yesterday as I was getting oriented to the project I saw written on our orientation sheet our end date of this Friday.  Trouble is, she told me that this was going to last two weeks, which would have been perfect, because what I thought was going to be my last day would be a Friday and I would begin the test scoring project the following Monday.  Wouldn't have missed a beat.  Now, I will miss a beat -- a week's worth, in fact.

I was told to call her and tell her how my first day was.  I got someone else instead, and I told him that she told me this was going to last two weeks instead of one.  What I did not say to him is that this was not the first case where she misled me.  My first run-in with her, if I recall correctly (and I might be wrong) was where she told me I had a job when in fact I didn't.  She has also told me I needed to update my resume when in fact I didn't have to; I think she misled the people I had to supervise at the flu billing place about what their job exactly entailed, which I still do not appreciate; she told me last week that I had to do this background check even though I didn't (and she said she eventually took care of it herself, which is in itself odd, because it's my background check); and now this.

She's nuts, is what I'm saying.  And even though it sucks that, in my opinion, she lied to me, she has done that so often that I just assume that she's chronically untrustworthy.  Besides, I am trying to make lemonade out of these lemons.  This gives me time to make an appointment to get new insoles for my flat feet.  I am working on arranging some sexytime with a woman who only blows dick during the daytime.  And, frankly, after the long and boring day I had trying to work the phones, maybe one week of this job is more than enough.  (I will say that even though the work is arduous, the people I work with and for are great.)

And hey, maybe this temp recruiter will get a dressing down, or maybe even get fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment