Friday, February 6, 2015

For Me, 7:30 Equals 7 And Whenever Means I'm Done

I need to confess something: Even though my workday technically starts at 7, I usually get to work by 7:30, but I put 7 on my timesheet.  It was a little after all the other temps were fired where I didn't feel the need to get there when everybody else did and I was largely left to my own devices.  That's when I slowly started slipping that way, now to the point where I'm regularly half an hour behind where I usually start.

The thing is, I still wake up at around the same time as before.  I think that I allow myself some time to dink around the Internet before work.  I don't shoot up out of bed and immediately begin my day like I did when I was younger.  Don't know why; maybe I should just ratchet my alarm back 15 minutes.  But that would mean I'll be late for work.

Also, I'm fudging the time I leave work.  I figure that since I've stayed past eight hours so often during the middle of the project, I can cut a few minutes off of work here and there.  My boss even said that if I stay late, I can leave early some days.  Well, I stayed about 30 minutes late for days in a row.  Now is the time I take those minutes back.  Now I just hope he doesn't get too upset.

---

Had thoughts about getting in early today, just because.  But I typed this instead.  Oh well -- 7:30 it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment