Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I Think I Haven't Put Up This Lana Del Rey Clip Yet

I am in a scary point right now where I have very little to blog post about.  Writer's block is scary, especially when I have committed to blog posting at least daily.

At least I have remembered that there are several things that I had said and/or promised to blog post about and haven't, although for this particular one I'm not entirely sure if I have written about it before.  I'll just do it again anyway because I don't have anything else to talk about.

Do you know who Lana Del Rey is?  You may remember her as someone who had an ignominious performance on Saturday Night Live in 2012 (I think), where she apparently had stage fright and turned around to sign while onstage.  This being The Internet Age, she was roundly heckled for it in social media.

As many musical acts do, Del Rey (not her real name, by the way) hit the talk show circuit after appearing on SNL.  And maybe she learned something or got rid of her jitters, because this rendition of her hit "Video Games" on Letterman, to which she turned her back to the camera while singing on SNL, was sung in the right direction.  Also, it was absolutely beautiful:



I am a sucker for acoustic renditions. Strings are even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment