Thursday, August 18, 2016

Expenses Without Receipts

Shit, I let this go too long again, man.  Starting from Wednesday, August 17:
  • On Wednesday the 17th some of the guys at the aborted test scoring project went out to Burger King, for one last hurrah.  Like Friday, I also split a coupon with another person, but this time I paid BK and the guy paid me back.  And Infusion of: $5.
  • Since that was the only EWR for the day, I can finally write down the expense of storing four shiny new quarters and one wheat penny: $1.01.
  • Sunday, August 14 -- I'm going to have time to myself this day and Monday, and I need to catch up on these receipts, and Caffetto's wi-fi has fucked up on me twice lately, so on this morning I went the other way, to Urban Bean, a place I could go to if it didn't close so damn early.  However, they are open at 6:30 in the morning, so it's open early enough.  And so far, the wi-fi seems to work reliably.  Small mocha, tip: $5.
  • Then I needed something to do because I didn't want to come home and mow the lawn too early.  So I thought it was time to revisit Wagner's Drive-In again.  I like drive-ins that still have trays with those hooks so they can hand on your rolled-down window.  Why can't Sonic do that?  Boy, Sunday is the day to sport your vintage cars.  Saw a good dozen while eating a hamburger and shake, most of which seemed to drive off while I was there.  But I must say that, while the burger was really good, the prices don't take me back to the fifties.  Unless you're talking about the 2050's.  With tip: $8.75.
  • Saturday the 13th ... After waking up extremely early so I could see the opening kickoff the English Premier League at The Local, I went to Caffetto to continue working on my expenses.  Except that I couldn't work on my expenses because the goddamn wi-fi wasn't working again.  I might have to go to Urban Bean from now on, at least in the daytime.  (Oh, it didn't help that I forgot to bring a page from the August FQ sheet.  I overlooked it.  It's at home, and therefore I couldn't write down the receipts or jot them down from here.  That also sucks.)  Only spent an hour sucking down a medium iced mocha when I was ready to spend four hours there.  With tip: $5.
  • I went to a branch of the Hennepin County Library I had never been to.  It's old, so there are way fewer outlets to plug laptops that you need these days.  I found one in the floor underneath a table, not a desk, and as I am typing this entry right now I have my elbows on my knees and I am crouching over.  I need a massage.  But hey, lookie here?  There's a dime someone dropped into the outlet!  It's mine!  An Infusion of: 10 cents.
  • I could have gone to the Fringe Festival, which finishes up this weekend.  But while it wasn't the cheapest show to watch in the past, they changed their pay structure this year.  Before, upon your first show of the festival, they require you to buy a button, which cost, I think, three bucks.  You still have to pay a ticket to a show, though, usually ten bucks, but that button, if you wear it, means you don't need to pay that $3 fee for the rest of the fest.  Now, each day is an all-you-can-see buffet: Pay $16 during the week or $22 on weekends, and you can see as many shows as you want that day.  That incentivizes binge-watching, but I had, at best, two shows I really wanted to see, and they didn't have performances on the same day.  Moreover, I didn't have an entire day to devote to plays, so I wasn't able to take advantage of this new way to pay.  So, I didn't go.  Instead I went to this community festival next to yet another new craft brewery, which had music, lined up food trucks all over the parking lots around the area, and benefited Meals On Wheels.  I have seen this truck called Turbo Taco when it was parked on Lyndale Ave.  I tried their titular item, and dammit, it was good.  Expensive, but not compared to other food truck prices.  Also had an Able Supergiant, which also was pretty good.  Add in the forced donation of two bucks to get an over-21 wristband (they used the word "donation," but why couldn't they say, "The wristband costs you two bucks, and all of it goes to Meals On Wheels" instead?  I mean, what's a "forced donation?"), and the total comes out to: $19.
  • Friday, August 12: So goddamn demoralized that I got screwed over for work that I didn't give a shit about a nap and went with a couple co-workers to Burger King.  Split a coupon that offered two of a few things, and we decided that he'd pay and I would pay him back: $3.
  • Moreover I got out of work early.  Seven hours?  Huh.  At least I had time to catch up on my expenses in my Franklin Quest, and I went to Diamonds, a coffeeshop I hadn't been to in a long time, to start my paperwork.  Coffee plus tip: $2.75.
  • On Thursday the 11th I went downtown to look for my Target gift card at Lisa's Shoe Shine.  Thought I lost it there.  Lisa said she didn't find anything.  Dammit.  Oh, well, at least I could buy some kick-ass donuts from Bogart's on the IDS lobby.  One brown-butter glaze, one Nutella-filled, and tip comes to: $6.25.
  • After work I wanted to go to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) because, well, I wanted to see some titties.  Got a lapper with Sammi, who said that she has a boyfriend.  Damn.  With coffee and tips: $29.75.
  • Tuesday the 9th: Went to Caribou for their month-long medium coffee for $1.50.  With chocolate chip cookie and tip: $3.25.
  • I had plans to see The Secret Life of Pets, which I've heard is great.  But I'm a completist, and when there's a sequel in a series whose installments I've seen, I have to watch it.  So I had to see Star Trek: Beyond before going back to work for about a month; I know TSLOP will be gone by the time I'm free on a Tuesday afternoon.  This is the third sequel in the reboot, and the first one not directed by J.J. Abrams, who is now busy overseeing the Star Wars universe.  And I think it shows in this movie.  The bad guy had a motivation and backstory that was not explained well in the movie.  Had to go to Wikipedia to totally understand it.  That really bothers me for some reason.  Grade: C+.  Ticket, popcorn and pop: $10.44
  • I then went to Lisa's Shoe Service downtown to get my Docs shined for the next month.  Now, when I look down and I see my black Docs in that matte finish, I feel good.  Gosh, I love shiny shoes.  With tip: $15.
  • Monday, August 8 ... Started my morning at Caffetto.  Gave the place another shot after my laptop wasn't able to connect to the house's wi-fi.  It works, so I could buy a large iced mocha and stay here to work for a few hours.  With tip: $5.60.
  • Then, when I worked out at the gym, I bought a Powerade there: $1.50.
  • On Sunday the 7th I went to the final round of the 3M Championship.  I don't think the weather that day was the hottest of the summer, but I was so hot that not only did I get a beer, I also got a Pepsi.  Those two drinks plus tip for the beer: $12.50
  • Saturday, August 6 -- after mowing the lawn and helping Father replace the dining table, and before my brother and sister-in-law and niece came over for dinner, I went out to the Pizza Luce Block Party in downtown Minneapolis.  (I saw two other set-ups for festivals/parties, but it looked like they both were being set up for Sunday.)  I remember the block party being crowded, but that was in the evening.  It was a lot less crowded and more chill in the afternoon.  And I counted seven hot babes, five of which were showing their barebellies, at the show and walking back to my car.  One pizza slice, a can of Coke and tips equals: $8.50.
  • Friday the 5th: Started my morning at Caffetto, where I had planned on staying and working on filling out my expenses in my day planner.  But my damn computer wasn't able to connect to its wi-fi.  I then hastily went to the library afterward because I had shit to do, but the laptop didn't work at the library.  I was going to the Megamall that day anyway, but now I was going to see if I could get my computer checked out instead of, say, going to Hooters and see some babes with big tits.  I couldn't, so I set up an appointment for the next morning.  But then I went to the food court and ate at Disco Fries and tried to see if the computer work, and it did, so I cancelled it online that evening.  I went off on a huge tangent, so the medium iced mocha with tip at Caffetto came out to: $5.25.
  • Finally got my car washed.  I think there will be rain in a few days, but that's been my excuse for not getting it washed many times before.  It did have to be washed because of the interior.  I have a receipt for the wash, but I don't have a receipt, obviously, for the tip: $3.
  • Before going home I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version), but this time I did not get a dance, surprisingly.  Tips for three strippers and coffee, and the cup of coffee itself: $9.75.
  • That night I finally went to a Mensa shindig; maybe more on that later.  After that I went to Glam Doll to try their limited-edition donut, which had a weird chocolate aftertaste.  Plus tip: $12.
  • Whew, that was long.  To Thursday, August 4, where I chilled in the morning at Caribou close to my house.  The store's offer of a medium coffee for $1.50 on Tuesdays and Thursdays continued into August, and I took advantage of it.  With cookie and tip: $3.25.
  • On Wednesday the 3rd I went to Caffetto for a large iced mocha.  With tip: $5.40.
  • Tuesday, August 2: Saw Ghostbusters.  Heard good things about it but I was ready to watch, well, TSLOP, but because I had ... uh, something to do, I don't remember, the showtimes for that movie didn't work out, so I watched Ghostbusters instead.  Actually quite disappointed in this one as well; a lot of in-jokes that weren't funny, and the story, such as it is, skittered past points of a plot that wasn't really dense or interesting anyway.  In retrospect I wish I hadn't used my free movie coupon on this flick.  The popcorn and pop came out to: $4.28.
  • Monday, August 1 ... got a monthly pass to exercise: $15.
  • Sunday, July 31 was my last day in Atlanta.  The only thing I paid out in cash was parking downtown in order to hit The World Of Coca-Cola, which is a great place but would have been better to visit if I were a kid because I can no longer drink all the sample drinks they had at the end of the tour.  I also wished I had time to visit the secret formula exhibit, and I would have wanted to sit a lot longer to watch the looping reel of commercials, which I think are think are interesting, especially the non-American ones.  I paid too much for parking while in Atlanta, I believe.  Cost: $10.
  • To Sunday the 30th -- As I have done during my trip, and what I have come to do first thing in the morning while on vacation, I went to the library.  This time I had to because I wanted to buy a ticket on Stubhub to that night's Braves game.  I should talk about this soon, but this library made people pay a worker money for the printout.  There isn't a vending machine?  Well, at least it's more reliable than a mere cashbox.  Printout cost: 10 cents.
  • It looks as though, IIRC, that the only cash I shelled out for the baseball game was for parking at a nearby lot: $10.  Let me say this: It was relatively easy for me to get out of the vicinity after the game was over, even after trying to leave as soon as the contest ended.  It may be because the Braves are so terrible that there was no crowd to fight at game's end.  But it also may be because most of the fans live north of Turner Field when my hotel was south of the ballpark.  The Braves say they are escaping Turner (which is only 19 years old and, by the way, even though it seems kind of cookie-cutter, it still seems quite functional) for a new park way north of downtown Atlanta, in Cobb County (completely taxpayer-paid, by the way -- the way Cobb County decided to approve the money to build the ballpark is borderline corrupt) is because more of their fanbase lives in Cobb, the county north of the city of Atlanta and Fulton County.  Detractors say the Braves also wanted to get away from the black fans that'll now have a hell of a lot longer to go to starting next season.  It's not the greatest area, to be sure, and there's nowhere close to have a drink to wait for the crowd to thin.  But I think I got out of town faster than most.  Observation over.  Price for parking: $10.
  • After the game I went to a strip club called Magic City.  It's famous because, I have heard, it is The Birthplace Of Twerking.  I'll write up a review some time in the next year or so, but let's just say I didn't see a lot of twerking, and Magic City is a type of club I am not used to.  But the place was so crowded no one bitched at me for not getting a drink, and there was no way to get a traditional lapdance.  I got a stand-up dance, however, from this really cute thing named Shaya.  I'm so glad she approached me, and if circumstances were more private, I wouldn't have felt so awkward.  Shaya's dance for one song was ten bucks.  The cover was twenty.  With a tip for the front door: $31.
  • Friday, July 30 ... Before leaving Saturday I left a dollar tip on my unmade bed for housekeeping, as I have conventionally done.  But when I came back that afternoon, I saw that dollar slipped underneath the alarm clock, as if the attendant thought that dollar slipped out of my wallet by mistake.  Well, that's not the case, and I actually can't believe that a housekeeper doesn't know that tips can be left for them by guests.  OK, it is just a buck, so no loss.  But the person who cleaned up for me after I left Friday morning did take my: $1.
  • Went to the library closest to the hotel.  There was a person there that struck up a quick conversation with me.  She was really nice.  She said she was starting up a holistic healing business, and she gave me a list of services.  No, not those services -- massages and stuff.  And I may have actually spent an evening at her place if she left a phone number or website, some place where I could reserve a spot for service.  Oh, well, good luck to her.  Printed out a ticket to that night's Braves game: 10 cents.
  • That evening, after I went to ... where did I go Friday? ... I had to start my spelunking into Atlanta's famous strip club scene by going to Follies, which, according to TUSCL, is the place to go to for extras.  Again, I don't have time to give everything away here, but I didn't think a stripclub would be packed in a Friday afternoon.  And like with Magic City, I love the two-way touching, but I just wished this place would be less crowded.  Nevertheless I stayed enough to get a pair of $10-dances with five girls: Christina (I think that's her name), Kendra, Kennedy, Melina and Soy.  With tips and beer this 90-minute visit came out to a value-laden: $109.
  • I wished I would have written this EWR sooner because I'm not exactly sure how much I spent at the Braves game.  I know the order in which I shelled out money: I parked, tossed out five bucks on the 50/50 Raffle (didn't win, of course), grabbed a craft beer (craft beer isn't big in Atlanta, I guess), tipped the beer woman, bought a scorecard and paid for a hot dog.  I'm guessing the total: $31.50.
  • After the game I went to the Clermont Lounge because it was recommended as an experience I will never forget.  Well, it was.  I'll write about it, as soon as I get therapy for what I saw.  Cover, tips, beer: $19.50.
  • In a small example of American ingenuity, there was a guy outside the Clermont with a portable smoker.  I'm a fan of BBQ, so I got a chicken sandwich.  It was good, but I should have ate it earlier rather than took it home with me because it got real cold.  Couldn't do that, though, because it started to rain really bad once I got to my car.  Should've asked for napkins, too.  Anyway, it cost me: $5.
  • On Thursday the 28th, the first thing I did in Atlanta was hit the King Memorial.  It was free, thank goodness.  Wanted to pay respects to a truly remarkable and brave man who believed in human rights and justice.  Did not know he and his wife Coretta are entombed on a pedestal on top of a fountain.  And I meant no respect when I put my hand inside the water, ma'am.  It was hot, you see.  For donations: $2.
  • Wednesday, July 27: Getting my affairs together for my plane trip that afternoon, I went to Lisa's Shoe Shine downtown to get my shoes shined.  This time asked her to use both this balsam I purchased at the Doc Martens store as well as the polish.  Because I asked her to use both, both of which are mine, I tipped her much more than her usual price, and I think I'll do that from now on: $15.
  • Then I went to Cost Cutters to get my hair shorn.  Charged the haircut, so the tip, in cash, is the only EWR here: $3.
  • To Tuesday the 26th, where I had a dentist's appointment and didn't have to slink around the Twin Cities because I told my parents I was.  I needed a check-up, but also, I need a filling replaced because it fell out.  (Have I blogged about this yet?)  It was put in last year by a U. student, so I figure that I need another U. student to fix this.  But there is no free parking around the U., therefore I decided on a somewhat elaborate plan: I would park in the Midway area, take the light rail onto the East Bank, and use the LRT once I was done.  I got kind of lucky when I hit the platform in the morning; when I was going to pay for a ticket, there was a still-valid ticket someone slid on its frame.  So I only needed to pay for the ticket coming back: $1.75.
  • My appointment was at 10:30, but I had thought of something else.  Espresso Expose is one of the many coffeeshops around the campus.  It's been there for a long time, and I had walked past it many times, but I had never gotten anything there.  Well, the building they and other shops are in are about to be sold in order to build student condominiums, just like many old buildings that once housed legendary U. shops.  Gentrification sucks.  I know that the land had been sold, and it looks like this place will close early September.  So, to ensure I didn't regret not going, I decided that this would be the perfect time to do so.  Got a medium mocha.  With tip it equals: $5.25.
  • The dentist student said that it was best to wait to clean my teeth until he could also get the filling replaced.  But they couldn't do the filling then.  So I have to wait ... until mid-September.  Oh, well.  But since my teeth weren't cleaned, I had no trouble immediately having lunch after I took the light rail back to Midway.  And where I parked, there is a McDonald's.  You know, I haven't tried their McPick 2 promotion yet.  And, you know, as long as I was there, I might as well get that.  And a pop, which once again surprises me with how expensive it is.  Total: $4.40.
  • I got McDonald's even though I was going to a party where I knew food would be provided.  It was at *****e*'s house, the first time I have ever been to her personal residence, and even though I didn't have a whole lot of money, I thought it was worth it to go at first opportunity.  (And it could be last opportunity, too; she only rents the house, and she thinks she'll be kicked out of it soon.)  I had trouble cumming to her hand before, but on a bed in her basement, she whacked me to completion for the second time in a row.  And she thanked me for "coming" after we got done.  Witty scamp.  There were two other girls there, ****i** (who has given me a handjob before) and ****o* (who hasn't -- YET).  With cover: $160.
  • Back to Sunday, July 24, where, after our alumni club event (which went swimmingly) I went to Milkjam to decompress.  And I was confronted with a line.  I never had to wait in line to get into this place, let alone one that took me an hour to get to the front of it.  But then I realized that this day was National Ice Cream Day.  So that's why I had to wait so long ... but then, a week or so after, I went back to Milkjam and there was another line, albeit one that I got through in 50 minutes.  This place has gotten such positive buzz it's become a spot to eat, even if it doesn't have alcohol.  Good for them.  Oh, the owner was at the cash register, and when he saw my cup of ice cream, he offered to give me a sample of sea salt and olive oil on a small part of my ice cream.  When I heard it it didn't seem appealing, but I gave it a shot.  And I couldn't hide my, uh, disinterest in it.  But I wanted to be nice, so I said, "Ah, it's ... interesting."  To which he replied, "Oh, you hate it."  "No, no, no!" I said, trying to put out this fire, and failing.  No, it wasn't my cup of tea, but I didn't want to disappoint the owner.  Man, whatever.  With tip: $5.25.
  • After that I walked over to Caffetto.  It was too hot for coffee, and I didn't even want iced coffee, so I got a Fitz's Grape Pop to cool off.  With tip: $3.
  • Saturday the 23rd ... this was the time of the crazy Powerball lottery.  Did it reach a record?  Don't remember.  Bought a ticket, either for myself or Father at my gas station: $2.
  • This evening I decided to go to St. Paul and watch my friend, who was in a show that had pretty sizable publicity in the area.  It was the second season of Glensheen, a skewed musical of the murders up in that Duluth mansion.  There were such huge houses last year that they brought it back this year.  Like that my friend has had so much success.  Also glad that I got a ticket to what looked like a sold-out show, and under student rush prices: $15.
  • Light rail to the show ... used cash getting to the History Theatre, charged my trip coming back: $1.75.
  • Friday, July 22: Went to Caribou and used the free medium drink loaded on my new card on a mocha.  So I only needed to spend money on a cookie and tip: $2.
  • Noticed that a couple times lately I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) and to a stripper party on the same day.  I guess I had my reasons at the time, but as I type this I have no idea why I would double up on the boobies.  Such as on this day, which is kind of special, because I saw Sandy for the first time in a long time.  In fact, the last time I saw her she was fully clothed.  I saw Sandy at Murray's Steakhouse with what looked like her boyfriend.  I was at Murray's with Mother because it was Mother's Day.  I didn't know Sandy's a MILF!  Well, she still might not, because instead of my surprising/freaking her out about seeing her without her noticing me, she brought it up.  Glad she didn't get all skittish about our chance meeting, although I did say that I wouldn't have minded her saying hi to me while sitting with Mother.  Once I saw her at Murray's, though, I wanted to get a lapper the first time I saw her at the bar, and so I did this date.  With tips and coffee: $31.75.
  • Later that afternoon I went to ********a's party.  ****a was there, and I was able to cum, even though during our VIP it felt like I wasn't going to and even though she didn't suck my dick, gosh darn it.  Got dances from the host, Carissa (who will not do dirty) and ****e* (who probably would and, hopefully one day, will do me at a party where ****a isn't there).  With cover: $175.
  • On Thursday the 21st I was at Caribou again.  This is where this happened.  With cookie and tip: $2.
  • Then I went to the library to print some stuff out: 20 cents.
  • Before going home I went to Dairy Queen because it was so hot.  A sundae was: $2.14.
  • Wednesday the 20th ... I went to Bruegger's Bagels because I needed to go to AAA to pick up an Atlanta/Georgia guidebook and I figured I could just stay there in the morning.  I signed up for their frequent bagel-eaters card (or something) and received a coupon where I could get two bucks off a sandwich.  So, I opted for the most expensive sandwich on their menu, their smoked salmon (which was really good) and spent a few hours looking at the Internet.  Unfortunately, the layout of this restaurant didn't lend itself an atmosphere where I could just Internet and chill for a few hours.  This is a place to eat and run.  Note for the future.  Plus coffee and tip: $8.49.
  • To Tuesday, July 19, where I went to Caribou to get a medium coffee for $1.50.  With cookie and tip: $3.25.
  • The movie this week was Finding Dory.  You know, since Pixar got bought up by Disney, they've gone from making extraordinary, original movies to churning out sequels.  I'm not saying that the sequel to Finding Nemo was awful, but the past decade or so they've made more sequels than originals because Disney Corp. wants to make money hand over fist.  In the meantime, I liked the flick -- there is a lot of convenient coincidence -- but there is a lot of that old sentimentality and emotion from the vintage Pixar era.  Ticket, popcorn, pop: $10.44.
  • I saw Finding Dory late in the morning; clipped my morning stay at Caribou early in order to watch it because I had an extras shoot at the library in Uptown.  It's been almost a year since I was an extra in something.  This one was for a recovery meeting.  As of press time I haven't gotten money for my hour or so of work, but the two people who were shooting this corporate video did give me money to pay for parking in the library's underground ramp.  An Infusion of: $3.
  • On Monday, July 18 I went to the new combo Caribou/Einstein Bros. that opened up close to home.  Bagel with spread, coffee (?) and tip: $5.25.
  • To Saturday the 16th ... my only EWR apparently is printouts I printed out at the library: 20 cents.
  • Friday the 15th -- that morning (I think) I went to Caffetto for a banana chocolate muffin and a large hot mocha.  With tip: $7.50.
  • That evening I went to Glam Doll.  With tip: $11.25.
  • Thursday the 14th I was busy as hell.  This was the day I was going to formally apply for a new passport.  I tried to prepare by taking out cash in order to pay for it, but when I went to the office (aside to make an embarrassing admission: I waited for upwards of an hour before my number was called, and when I went up to the clerk, she told me I was waiting in the DMV and that the passport office was next door.  Wah-wah-waaaaaaaaaaah).  I understand the rules, but it was a pain-in-the-ass to be told that the $165 I needed to pay for this passport had to be broken into two separate line items, and that even though $25 could be in cash for the office, the other $140 went to the U.S. Dept. of State, and it had to be in the form of a money order.  So I had to find a Wells Fargo in order to get one: $140.
  • And once I got that I went back to the office and shelled out money to them: $25.
  • Then I went downtown to get my Doc Martens shined for the first time ever.  It was a pain-in-the-ass to find parking.  Had to go to the outskirts of the heart of downtown, and I didn't put in enough money in the meter -- only half an hour when I was actually in downtown for about an hour: 75 cents.
  • The shoe shine place is officially called Lisa's Shoe Shine.  This was when I only had polish and not the balsam, and I tell you, seeing those Docs shine in the sun makes me fall in love with the concept of getting them shined.  Lisa also noticed that inside my shoes were a lot of grass clippings that accumulated from mowing the lawn.  She does good work; I'll try and patronize her as often as I can.  With tip: $12.
  • When I was done I went across the lobby to Bogart's Doughnuts to get one.  These doughnuts are supremely tasty, my friends.  With tip: $3.
  • On the way to Lisa's and back I picked up three pennies.  An Infusion of: 3 cents.
  • Later that afternoon I went to the U. to be part of a research study.  I think this is the one where I teamed up with three other people and we had to assemble this advanced Lego car as fast as possible five times.  It was very interesting to see the four of us think about how to get better, and then actually get better, and slice our times from, like, over 11 minutes to 3 1/2.  We were a machine, man!  It truly may be the most interesting experiment I have ever been a part of at the U.  I earned this money.  An Infusion of: $25.
  • Wednesday, July 13 ... Went to a study at the U.  Got an Infusion of: $10.
  • Then I went to the library to print stuff out: 60 cents.
  • On Tuesday the 12th I went to Caribou.  Medium coffee on special, cookie.  With tip, without the ten cents for getting the trivia question right: $3.25.
  • I don't remember the last time I saw two movies in the same day.  But since I was going to Atlanta and there were two movies I was afraid would be out of the theater by the time I got back, I decided to take in both The Shallows and Central Intelligence.  I liked the former more than the latter.  Blake Lively keeps her career alive with this performance, and as a surfer alone trying to battle a shark, she has to hold the movie.  But how she got away is ... far-fetched.  Central Intelligence was a run-of-the-mill buddy movie when I thought it was better.  But I'm shocked Amy Ryan took a role in this movie.  She may be the best thing about it.  Tickets for both, popcorn and, because I was thirsty, a medium drink totals: $16.07.
  • And I still felt hungry enough to get ice cream at DQ: $2.99.
  • To Monday the 11th, where I began my week visiting ***a* for a blowjob.  If I haven't said this before, I'll say it again: Thank Buddha that she allows me to cum into her mouth: $120.
  • That afternoon I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) because I wanted to.  Coke, tips and a lap dance from cute country girl Jayden equals: $29.75.
  • On Sunday the 10th I finally went to the Pancheros near my house that recently opened up.  Dare I say that it might be better than Chipotle because Pancheros doesn't stuff their burritos so ridiculously.  Nothing fell out of my Pancheros burrito -- that's a damn miracle!  Also good: I didn't see a tip jar anywhere.  So I just paid for the burrito and a drink: $9.11.
  • That afternoon was the title game of EURO 2016, so I had to see the game with other soccer diehards at the Nomad.  Parking, Budweiser, wings at the food truck and tips: $15.
  • Saturday, July 9 I went to Lu's Sandwiches, a place my parents probably would have done business with.  I went there because they gave out coupons through Facebook and, well, I've heard they were good and this was as good a time to try them out.  The layout is like Chipotle -- first person prepares the bread (or bowl in my case), the next one gives you your meat/protein, the next one gives you the fixins, and then you give your money to the last person.  This transparent assembly-line food preparation seems to be Standard Operating Procedure after Chipotle blew up, but I think one of those sandwiches could easily be constructed by just one person.  It's more theater than anything.  But, like I said, I got a bowl, mostly because I have to be biased when it comes to Asian food; I can only patronize my parents' food and one other place in St. Paul, and I think they'd kill me if I got a sandwich, even though I think a bowl is OK.  Besides, and also like I said, the bowl was free per Facebook.  Got a Coke to wash it down.  With tip: $4.04.
  • I went to Lisa's in downtown Minneapolis because on a story of this place I saw online, she was open on Saturdays.  She is not.  An update would be nice.  (For the record, Lisa's is open weekdays from 7 to 3.)  But so long as I was in the area, I went to Bogart's in the IDS Center main lobby (which is open on Saturdays) and got me a doughnut.  With tip: $3.25.
  • Then I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version).  Tips, Sprite and a lapper with the underrated Sammi: $31.75.
  • That evening I got more donuts at Glam Doll.  With tip: $11.25.
  • And there I found a penny.  An Infusion of: 1 cent.
  • On Friday, July 8 I think I found myself on campus because I was trolling for experiments I could be a part of in order to make a quick buck.  That gave me an excuse to go to Blaze Pizza, where I got a free pizza when they started business a few months ago.  The pie was really good, so I made it a point to give them some business.  Once again, the pizza was good, and it didn't feel as filling as a pizza that size would be, you know?  Got a Coke, too.  With tip and it came out to: $11.51.
  • Thursday the 7th I went to Caribou.  Medium coffee on special and tip: $2.
  • Wednesday, July 6: Had an experiment at the U., so for coffee I went to Anelace at Central, which has become the place I go to when I have "work" on campus.  First time I bought a mocha here, and while it is good, I wouldn't pay what I paid for it, at least not regularly.  With tip: $6.
  • At the U. for a research study ... is this the one where I was teamed up with three others in order to assemble a Lego car as fast as possible?  Man, I forget if this was it.  Anyway, it's still a kick-ass experiment.  An Infusion of: $18.
  • And then I went to the Nomad, presumably for a EURO game.  To become a part of the atmosphere of The Summer Of Soccer (the Copa America Centenario was going on around the same time as the European Championship), I bought a Nomad EURO t-shirt.  They were on sale for $20, but because it was getting to the tail end of the tourney, they cut the price of it to $15.  Plus, when you buy a shirt, you get a beer on the house.  This was an extremely lucky day for me.  At halftime I answered a question an intern from Minnesota United asked and I got a t-shirt and pins from him.  And then the owner of the Nomad tossed up a bar-made scarf commemorating the Copa and the EURO onto its ceiling fan, and I grabbed it when it came down.  So I got two t-shirts, a scarf and some pins, all because I went to a bar to watch a soccer match!  Tip for the beer and it all came out to: $17.
  • Tuesday, July 5: Caribou.  I think I didn't know about the medium coffee special because I got a small mocha.  Didn't get any food either.  Maybe because since my barista left I didn't feel the need to keep up with the ritual.  Well, I've gone back to buying cookies, though, so I don't know what I'm talking about.  So here, the small mocha only and tip totals: $4.31.
  • It made sense to watch Independence Day 2 around Independence Day.  And this sequel is very, very disappointing.  Skittering plot development, people getting killed off with no motivation -- this movie was shit.  Will Smith was smart to skip the payday on this one.  With tip, popcorn and pop: $10.44.
  • In the afternoon, I went to ***s* to get some good lovin'.  Didn't know that her three kids live with her.  One of them, her daughter, is a stripper -- and I've gotten dances from her before ... and she's touched my pee-pee once, too.  So I had no qualms at all, when I entered her house, to whip it out with ****e's daughter playing with her smartphone in the living room.  It's kind of wrong to be perving out in front of a mother-daughter combination, but if two generations of a family are strippers, how inappropriate could I really be?  This time, though, ****e didn't suck my dick.  Don't know why, but it's disappointing.  She did say I had nice balls, though.  Not the first time I've heard that.  Might talk more about that some day.  The money I paid her she actually asked for before she rendered her services because her daughter needed it to ... buy something at the mall, or something: $150.
  • God, this is taking too long. ...  On Saturday, July 2, I went to the Nomad for, I think, a EURO match.  Beer, got a baguette at the food truck outside, tips for both: $14.
  • I think I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition) that night.  Tips, Sprite and a lapdance from Cicily: $29.
  • Friday the 1st ... went to Caffetto for a large coffee and cookie.  With tip, the total was, I think: $6.
  • Pounded the Nomad once again.  Got unlucky with parking; usually I can find a spot open weekday afternoons, but not this time, so I parked at the lot where the bar gives me a discount.  Once there I got frites to go along with my beer.  Add tip and it came to: $14.
  • After dinner at home I went out to *****e*'s party at a hotel.  Total sausage party.  More men than women, and in a cramped space, that's far from ideal.  The girl taking cover charges was totally disinterested in customer service, but she was hot as hell.  Details about this encounter can be found here.  Since there were so many guys, didn't feel much of a need to stick around.  With cover and the damage was only: $120.
  • Celebrated me getting off by going to Glam Doll.  With tip: $10.
  • Back to Thursday, June 30.  Started off that morning at Caribou.  Coffee, chocolate chip cookie, tip: $3.50.
  • There was another soccer contest (EURO?) at the Nomad, but since they allow food to be brought in, I wanted to try something special.  So I went to the Davanni's closest to the Cedar-Riverside area and bought me a footlong hoagie.  Hadn't eaten at Davanni's in quite a while, and I missed them so, it was so good.  (Breadsticks too.)  However, buying twelve inches of sandwich was a very bad idea: $10.03.
  • Chased the hoagie and breadsticks down with beer while watching the match.  With tip: $6.
  • When I came home My Father paid me back for all those Powerball tickets I bought him.  I don't remember how far back he went, but I think he went overboard with this Infusion of: $200.
  • Starting the morning of Wednesday, June 29 I went to a combo Caribou/Einstein.  Frankly, I don't know in which city.  It could have been one that was giving free bagels because it was its grand opening.  But it might not be, because in my rough draft for this EWR I presumably wrote shortly after I ate there, I got a large mocha and paid tip.  That's all.  OK: $5.82.
  • Went on the light rail for some damn reason.  I checked my day planner and there was nothing that compelled me to use it, and I don't remember.  Compounding the mystery is that I apparently only used cash one way on the light rail, not the other: $1.75.
  • Had Dairy Queen, probably at Rosedale.  Maybe.  I think so because I jotted down that I threw in a tip, and the only DQ I know that offers a tip jar is the one in Rosedale.  Total: $4.
  • Oh, and might have been the Dairy Queen at Rosedale because I went to the U. to participate in a research study.  An Infusion of: $8.
  • On Tuesday, June 28 I finally went to this restaurant called Streetz, which is relatively close to the test scoring place.  Last year I vowed to see what this place is all about, and the last full day at this project was it.  And ... not impressed.  The food (I think I got a cheesesteak) was OK.  Worse yet, I was only one of, like, two or three groups that ate there.  And this is 5 or 6 o'clock, in front of a very busy street.  This location should get more traffic; that it was totally dead for dinner hour doesn't speak well for them.  Oh, and they need to update the prices on the menu on their website; I was going to buy a beer until I saw that the prices were a dollar more for all items.  I charged the food, but Streetz had a tip jar.  Another sign that Streetz is not long: $1.
Goddamn, I am finally done.  Through to Wednesday, August 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment