Tuesday, August 30, 2016

So something weird happened this morning.  My Father bellowed out to me after dinner to help screw in an overhead oven light.  While helping him, he told me that Mother fell in the bathroom in the morning, and he even yelled out to me for help.

Had no idea, none.  Didn't hear any screaming from downstairs.  And when I left, I looked around, didn't see either parental unit, grabbed a banana, went downstairs to the front door, looked downstairs, saw no light and heard no commotion, and I left.  Nothing was amiss, and I certainly didn't feel as though someone got hurt.

You know, this reminds me of the time the siding of the house was being replaced.  They were working on it from sun up till end of the work day, and I would just be sitting in my room watching TV and shit.  (This is when neither I nor my parents gave a shit I was at home during the day, mostly because they were still working and I was taking care of Grandmother.)  One morning I heard a siren, and then it stopped.  Didn't think much of it until I left the house; at the front yard one of the guys working on the house said that his co-worker fell from a ladder while working on some upper-level siding.  The siren was the fire truck EMT taking him to the hospital.  I think he was working just outside of the room I was lolling around in.

So what I'm trying to say is shit happens.  I didn't hear this contractor fall to the ground from two stories up, and I didn't hear Father ask for me while I was sleeping.  He told me that Mother at first wanted to go to the emergency room, but then after a while she said she was fine.  I wonder if I should bring it up, but I won't, because they haven't given two shits about what I'm going through, and if I do show concern, I think Mother is going to launch into yelling at me for something else that is a projection of her anger that I didn't help her in her time of need.  See, she didn't talk to me at all last night, so that means that she could just launch into some bullshit accusations at me from out of the blue.  Could happen during dinner tonight, which is a couple hours before I have to pick up my sister and brother-in-law from the airport.  And shit, there's no knowing whether My Fucking Father would hold me not heeding his cries (like a loyal son should) either.  Both of those fuckers could really come after me for something I didn't even realize happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment