Sunday, August 28, 2016

Nervous About Working At The New Metrodome (Scheduled Post)

While it's exciting to be working in U.S. Bank Stadium for the Vikings' exhibition game today against The Soon-To-Be-Again Los Angeles Chargers, I am very nervous.  Never mind I might run into that asshole Vikings prick or eventually work with that crew that turned on me.  My job will be to run and get stuff.  And obviously I don't know how to run and get stuff if I don't know where anything is.  So while it would be nice to get myself acclimated to the guts of the new stadium and revel in the fact that I am about to see what most people will never see, I have a job to do and I don't know how in the hell to do it.

Seems kind of unfair.  When the Vikes were at TCF Bank Stadium I was hired for both weekend days.  That meant that that Saturday I was able to walk all over the stadium and figure out where everything was without too much pressure to get this up to the booth, say, or run out and make some copies.  I will have no time to learn U.S. Bank Stadium, and frankly, that unnerves the hell out of me.

Some other local replied to the person hiring us asking if he could come and work (and be paid, presumably) Saturday too.  (I know this because he replied all when he shouldn't have.)  Traditionally only one runner is asked to work both Saturday and Sunday, and they already found a guy, so I doubt that he was granted that request.  But it's smart.  I wish I had the stones to ask that too -- and I would have the good sense not to reply all.

Wish me luck that I don't get set up and fired for not knowing where everything is.

No comments:

Post a Comment