Monday, August 29, 2016

Expenses Without Receipts

OK, starting from Sunday, August 28th:
  • After working the Vikings game I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) to chill.  I immediately locked eyes with Selena, a $5 chick who I nonetheless want to make peace with because I'm not sure if I can just not tip her ever without causing a scene whenever I walk in and she's working.  I hope she knows that I'll never tip her what she wants to be tipped, but to make up for it I'll get a dance from her.  It might be my first LD with Selena.  With coffee and tip: $27.75.
  • Saturday the 27th: I was at a crossroads in the afternoon.  I went to Brit's to catch some soccer, then I went to the library to finally wear away the backlog in my e-mail (should talk about that soon).  I wanted to go home early so I could mow the lawn; I wouldn't have time the next day because I was working the Vikes game.  But despite forecasts saying that rain would hold off, I still saw and felt drizzle at times over the afternoon, and the skies above still looked threatening.  Besides, I didn't want to come home and immediately go to the frontyard only for my parents (in particular Mother) to tell me, "Why are you mowing?  Can't you see it's going to rain?"  I was going to go home and try and do it anyway, but after seeing it drizzle again, I didn't think it made sense to mow, especially if I was going to dodge rain off and on over the afternoon.  That would mean the lawn wouldn't be mowed for two weeks, but there was nothing else I could do.  But what would I do for the rest of the afternoon -- go home?  Uh, fuck that.  So, even though I really didn't want to go because I left one of the discount tickets I bought at home, I decided to go to the State Fair.  I had many reasons to do this, foremost among them that The Buzzed-About New Food at the State Fair, the Carpe Diem (basically ice cream in a cone shaped like a fish -- get it?), was going to end on Tuesday, and I didn't think I would have the time to get there before then.  So I bit the bullet, bought a ticket at full price there (guess I'll be going to the Fair four times, a record!), and bought it.  I don't know if it's the best ice cream I've ever had, but I'll tell you, the cone, which was baked with miso, really makes the item.  Bought pizza and a small root beer with coupons, too.  All told: $23.
  • To Friday the 26th, where, because I had work at the U., I went to Anelace to start my morning.  Bought a chocolate chip cookie, which was notably good.  With tip: $6.
  • After the MRI machine I inveighed through this crisis, then I went to see *e***.  We texted back and forth because our tryst was supposed to happen earlier in the week, and she was being a bit cranky as we tried to reschedule.  When I went to her house, she explained why: She is very worried about the health of her son.  Very well.  It was really nice to actually talk to her about her life.  You see, I get my cock sucked and jerked off by a lot of women, but I don't want them to be strangers to me; I really want to know the women who I'm fooling around with.  Such is the case here.  *e*** is important to me, because what she is doing to me is something very intimate, and this isn't something I really want to do with someone I don't care to know.  (I haven't been truly loyal to that idea, and I probably won't be, but this is totally my preference.)  My cost for her services rendered: $150.
  • Thursday, August 25 was the start of the State Fair, and it's become somewhat of a tradition (helped that I am unemployed around this time often) that I go in the morning of the first day.  Armed with the Blue Ribbon Bargain Book, I went to town on eats and drinks: a mocha frappe, CinnaSmiths cinnamon buns, the breakfast burrito from Tejas I have heard is real good (I think it's merely good), the World's Best French Fries, and this sangria beer from Schell's.  It is thus important to walk all around the Fair to walk off all those calories.  With the tip for the beer, but minus the breaks from all the coupons I used, and the damage was only: $20.
  • I had to work off even more of the weight, so I slipped out of the Fair in time to work out at the gym.  But I was so damn thirsty from all that walking that I got a Powerade from one of the vending machnes there: $1.50.
  • On Wednesday the 24th I started off at Caribou.  I spent enough money to get a 10% break on this creme brulee mocha, a drink that will appear on menus presumably after Labor Day.  I was told by one of the baristas -- actually the one that kind of didn't get that medium coffees are discounted for the month of August -- that this mocha is great if you have a sweet tooth.  I've discovered that I no longer have a sweet tooth; my God, that was too sweet!  With tip (no cookie): $5.25.
  • In the afternoon I went to Hooters to use my Mug Club Card before it expires in early September.  But they have a new menu out with specials that more fit my smaller stomach.  I couldn't use my card, though.  I think I'll go down there again this week.  But I don't know if I'll get a mug-sized beer because, on the one hand, I don't want to spend money on food I'm not hungry to eat, but on the other hand, if I don't use the card I won't know if I can get it renewed.  That's a long story; anyway, I was hungry enough to buy a cupcake from Cupcake before they close down for good.  With tip: $3.25.
  • Tuesday, August 23 -- Caribou in the morn ... medium coffee on special, cookie, tip: 3.25.
  • The movie I saw on this discount Tuesday was The Secret Life Of Pets.  I thought it would be a little more savvy than it was, but for the first part of the flick I was really bored because the jokes and action was totally geared toward kids.  But then Kevin Hart's cat showed up, and the movie actually got some sass to it.  Started meh, ending pretty good.  Grade: B.  I noticed that the price for the ticket, popcorn and pop was, for some reason, 80 cents less than it usually is.  I don't know why that is; is it because it's a cartoon, or did the person serving me make a mistake?  Total: $9.64.
  • I took Father to the airport that evening -- he had to go Las Vegas for a quick bit -- and I ignored his entreaty to go directly home and instead went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) for coffee, tips and a lapper from this chick named Maria, who has invited me to a house party and groped my dick.  The total was: $25.75.
Good through August 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment