Thursday, May 4, 2017

Do I Force The Issue?

Two days.  Two days and no word.

This is bad.  I apply for a position in the same department I had worked in, and I don't even get one more interview?

There might be one other thing I can do.  This last interview is supposed to involve the person who conducted this interview on Monday, the person I worked for over the winter, and the boss who will oversee me in this position and is also the person who tipped me off about the job.  She e-mailed me.  So I have her e-mail.  Should I e-mail her now?  Shouldn't I?

Look -- frankly, I'm desperate.  Maybe if I e-mail her I will put a guilt trip on her and she will have to give me one more interview.  Or, maybe she forgot.  Whatever the case, I don't know if I can just sit back and let the process take its course, because right now I feel as though that process is leading towards me not getting this job.

On the other hand, I'm scared that if I do e-mail her I will make things worse.  Maybe it's not appropriate to call someone when you know she is supposed to interview the next person, and in fact that if I do try to communicate with her I will actually hurt -- if not torpedo -- my chances at the job.  Or, it's possible that they're still sifting through their options.

Or, maybe she already knows they're not going to hire me and doesn't want to be bothered with me anymore.  In that case I could go passive-aggressive and say something like, "Hey, I haven't heard back from you guys yet, so guess I'll be seeing you in the fall as a temp, again!  Peace!"  That might kill my chances of ever being hired there, ever.  But if I don't get this job, I might already have lost any chance of latching on with them, so who cares?

So, the questions are if, and if so, when.  Do I do it now?  Should I wait until tomorrow?  How about Monday?  If I do it now, I might be jumping the gun.  If I do it later, it might be too late.

I don't know, man, I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment