Monday, May 15, 2017

Well, That Was Surprising In A Good Way

Today marks the first day I start two projects at once, at both test scoring places.  I had done it already, a few weeks ago, but I find it notable that I am starting training today at both places, and I am switching sites between the companies; the place I had been working at during the day I am on my way to after I blog post here, and I just came from the company I had been working at night.

This day project at the other test scoring place was the same one I did last year.  This was the one project I spoke about here.  I kind of violated my own principles when I thoughtlessly agreed to this job, but it was presented to me, it fit my schedule, and since I got rejected for a full-time job last week, frankly, I need all the work I can get, principles be damned.  I did not think about it happening again, but if it did, well ... shit, you know?

But -- after weaning my way around the entire Twin Cities and around all the fucking construction for a goddamn hour -- I made my to the much busier, compartment-filled room where I saw several familiar faces.  One of them was an immediate supervisor who will be my immediate supervisor.  She came up to me and said, almost immediately, "You will find this year to be different.  We are much more organized."

She knows it.  Before she came up to me, I saw the list of people immediately supervising the project under the room boss.  There are seven.  That's plenty.  That also makes me think that these are all the immediate supervisors that will oversee the project -- in other words, there is no need to find these people by those acing the first test we take.  No guy who's a fucking temp suddenly deputized to look over other people's shoulders.  (No offense to that guy; like I said in the blog post I linked to, even he thought this was fucked up.)

She didn't know how upset this made me.  But I told her: "Yep.  I see that.  I have thoughts about what happened last year, but I'll keep those to myself.  I'm just glad things are different this year."

OK.  I feel better about this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment