Saturday, May 6, 2017

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Friday, May 5:
  • I was supposed to have work at the other test scoring place after I got done at the other test scoring place this day.  But just like last Friday, there was no work.  The reason: The papers have yet to be loaded in.  You're fucking kidding me.  I would have wanted to use the time to just go back home and have a proper dinner, but I am typing much of this EWR at Caffetto Friday evening.  It's just a sit-down for coffee.  When the guy said it was $1.75, I clutched.  Then I looked at the board; the prices which seemed to have been on paper have been replaced with digits in chalk, and they're all higher.  So it's now just a quarter tip for you ... for now.  Total: $2.
  • On Thursday the 4th, after work I went to the library closest to the test scoring place to print out this real estate invoice and letter for my parents.  Could barely get through it because that's where I saw the news about the House passing this shit-ass tax cut for the rich called TrumpCare.  But I did it, and these redone documents seem to have passed muster: 20 cents.
  • Oh, and as has so often happened, someone left his or her change in the coin change dispenser at the printing machine.  A nickel, an Infusion of: 5 cents.
  • To April 30 -- went to the library to print out that invoice that Father rejected because it had a wrong date on it.  He was the one who told me to use that date.  That's why I was at the library on the 4th.  Cost of: 10 cents.
  • One of the great things about working two jobs is that you don't have time to spend any money.  Going all the way back to Saturday, April 29, we begin in the evening, when United FC lost to San Jose, 1-0.  Although I raced to TCF Bank Stadium after dinner, I still bought a hot dog and a can of Redd's Apple Ale.  Total of: $14.50.
  • Went to Glam Doll afterwards.  Lately I have kept going to the further, original store.  Although it's so crowded I can't do any computer work there, I just like the vibe, and the people there know me.  One of them, however, does not know me well enough to just give me the second donut I usually get there.  Oh, well, I will just have to keep on going there.  At least I got the cheapest donut they offer.  With tip: $10.27.
  • Thursday the 27th -- I got trained the night before, so I didn't have to miss the NFL Draft, something I was determined to see in its entirety.  I wanted to go to the Buffalo Wild Wings closest to the day test scoring place, but it was small and therefore packed.  So I went to the BWW at the Mall Of America ... which is the site of the night test scoring place.  So I went to work without going to work.  Dumb, I know, but I felt that BWW was the best place to watch the draft, and I wanted to go to this party in south Minneapolis afterward.  Had two orders of boneless wings (because it was Boneless Thursday) and the domestic beer on special.  With tip it all came out to an inexpensive: $16.75.
  • On Sunday the 23rd I had a hot dog and a Redd's at the MNUFC match.  It's becoming something I buy on the regular.  Cost: $14.50.
  • I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) after the Loons won that game.  Saw Giselle for the first time in a long time.  Goddamn, she can still bring it.  Dance with her, Sprite (I think I want to go without coffee on Sundays) and stage tips: $31.75.
  • Wednesday, April 19 ... we're getting to the part of the calendar where I only had to worry about the day test scoring job.  I had dutifully come home after work, but I still felt the itch to just be by myself, you know?  So around this time I gave myself one day to go out in the evening.  This was the day for this week, and I didn't stray too far away from home.  I went to Tattersall Distillery along Central Ave.  I have heard about craft beer places, but this is one of the burgeoning number of craft hard liquor places popping up around the Twin Cities (as well as the country).  I planned on going on this Wednesday evening because the forecast called for a torrential rain and I wanted space to just try the place.  The goddamn place was packed.  I was lucky to get a seat at the bar, where I wanted to try Tattersall's signature gin neat.  I used a credit card for that.  The EWR for this visit was for the Gastropub truck outside Tattersall.  I got this porkette bowl with cole slaw and pasta, and for a small paper bowl, it was damn filling!  With tip the food came out to: $14.
  • On Sunday the 16th I went to Caffetto in the morning to hammer out the rest of my tax forms.  I did it over hot chocolate.  Plus tip: $4.50.
  • To Saturday the 15th, where, after work (and eschewing the Tax Day March, unfortunately), I went to not one but two libraries.  I went to this first one, on Central Ave., because I thought they were going to have free paper copies of tax forms, like they did last year.  They did not.  So I had to print them out (at least most of them) instead: 60 cents.
  • I then went to Moler, the haircutting school, to get a shave.  Now, I understand that these are students, so the service will be slow due to teachers teaching the students.  The end result isn't going to be all that great, either, because hey, they're learning.  I don't mind being a guinea pig for the learning process; experts have to start off as beginners, right?  But this guy ... (sigh) I don't want to say he was lazy, or stupid.  Him frequently forgetting steps is alright.  But when he started to wave the razor just above my face because he didn't know how to handle it to shave a part of my face, after which the teacher had to remind him to figure that shit out away from the customer ... well, (sigh).  But the shave was five bucks and I tipped almost 100% anyway.  Total: $9.
  • After that, me and my nicked-up face went to the library closest to me to print a copy of a tax form which was available in this special kiosk I have not seen anywhere else.  I went to this library precisely to see if I could print this particular tax form (which one I forget) double-sided.  I could.  I wrote out all my information and then made copies, once over for the state (which I keep) and twice over for the federal (one for me, one for the state of Minnesota).  The grand total of all that was: $1.10.
  • That evening I went to the championships of the North Star Roller Girls at the Warner Coliseum at the State Fairgrounds.  I forget which team won, but it was an exciting bout, not decided until the last jam and the team leading going into that jam got lead jammer.  Ticket, an Aldo's Burger, which I think is a State Fairgrounds brand of burger (?), a Sociable Ciderwerks Freewheeler can and tip and I spent, all told: $32.
  • Went to Glam Doll afterward.  Probably a combination of the Aldo's and the chicken I ate for dinner did a number in my guts.  I had to shit twice in the bathrooms there.  Anyway, this time around I did get the second donut free.  Plus tip: $9.27.
  • To Thursday, April 13, where I did my first trial run of doing my taxes by printing out a few of the forms I needed at a library.  Location: I forget.  Total amount: 30 cents.
Good through May 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment